Looking for information about inherited tea set

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by TeaRose, Oct 30, 2020.

1. TeaRose

TeaRose New Member

I have a tea set that I inherited. I want to know more about them but most importantly, where they were made, when, and how much they are worth. Any information would be great, as my friend and I are at a complete loss. So far we know that they are bone china.
    Tea cup: 9.2cm diameter, 6cm tall,
    Sugar pot: handle to handle 17cm, 9.6cm tall
    Tea pot: tip of spout to end of handle 15.2cm, 8cm tall IMG_4782.jpeg IMG_4785.jpeg IMG_4787.jpeg

Houseful and Bakersgma like this.
  2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

More likely a creamer, than a teapot, to go with the sugar bowl.

Do you have the lids for the sugar & creamer? The under-plate/saucer for the tea cup? If all those items are missing the value is very low.

3. TeaRose

TeaRose New Member

Sadly those are lost! As for resell value, I have no interest in ever selling them, but I would like to know more about where they came from and what time period they are from.

4. CheersDears

CheersDears Well-Known Member

I'll stick my neck out and say Japanese, unmarked Nippon, and 40s. Not worth much but still rather lovely :)

Draft saved Draft deleted