Featured Looking for information on this Modeline floor lamp

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by MKPK, Feb 5, 2019.

1. MKPK

MKPK Member

IMG_3698.JPG IMG_3699.JPG We recently purchased this great Modeline floor lamp and would like to get some information on it. Did it originally come in the orange color? We have only seen one and it was in walnut or teak. The orange color appears to be in good shape, could it original?
    Would you refinish to natural wood? The shade appears to be original and is in good shape. Any information would be appreciated! Thanks

2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

It was painted at one time. I would rather see the natural wood but that is only my opinion.

3. MKPK

MKPK Member

Thanks for that information, we will bring it back to natural wood when we have it refinished.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

5. MKPK

MKPK Member

We think it's pretty neat too!

6. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

There have been a few discussions here about Modeline lamps in the past. None of them looked quite like this style, but also weren't that color. They seem to mostly be in natural wood finish.

8. MKPK

MKPK Member

Hi Figtree3, we have found an example of this lamp identified as a Modeline Sculptural Walnut Mid-Century Modern Floor Lamp on 1stdibs, it was sold but looks exactly as the one we have. Just looking for additional information on it. We agree it may have been painted in the past but looking at the base, it is wood. Thanks

9. MKPK

MKPK Member

Hi Figtree3, Just reviewed some of the old discussions and I agree, this one is a bit different. If you have any suggestions of what it may be, please let us know. Thanks.

10. MKPK

MKPK Member

Hi, here is the listing on 1stdibs. IMG_3704.JPG

11. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Thanks, I don't really know about it. I see the one you found does look like yours!

Christmasjoy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  12. MKPK

MKPK Member

Hi, we have found pictures of Modeline lamps in our orange color, so we think it has it's original color!

13. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

are you going to keep the colour? I think it is fabulous:)

Figtree3 and Christmasjoy like this.
  14. MKPK

MKPK Member

I think we will since they were made in this color and it was not someone who
    just covered the wood with a color......it's a great lamp!

cxgirl, Christmasjoy and Figtree3 like this.
  15. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

glad to hear that:)

Draft saved Draft deleted