Looking for the name of designer on black snake mesh necklace/belt

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Azbluesky, May 23, 2017.

1. Azbluesky

Azbluesky New Member

I recently found a black mesh snake belt with a gold snake head and tail. There's a designer mark on the back of the snake head but I'm not familiar with it. Does anyone know who this represents? Any help will be very much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Hi, your photo is fuzzy. Please try using your macro setting to get a clear picture. Also, please show the whole piece, not just the mark :)

Debora likes this.
  3. Azbluesky

Azbluesky New Member

Ok, thank you for the suggestions.

4. Azbluesky

Azbluesky New Member

20170523_162424.jpg 20170523_162502.jpg
    I saw a few similar by Whiting & Davis but I know this is not their mark.

5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I don't think you will ID a maker for this. Many of the auctions for this piece and similar wrap snake bracelets are saying "attributed to Whiting and Davis". Either Whiting and Davis made some unsigned ones or there were vintage copies. If there is a 2nd maker out there, they were probably deliberately vague with their mark, I've never seen a 2nd company attributed to these.

(If anyone reading this knows differently, please speak up.)

The good news is that the unsigned ones seem to sell too. I think this is like the one you have:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-WHI...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

komokwa and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  6. Azbluesky

Azbluesky New Member

Thank you Lucille! I appreciate the information and your quick and thoughtful response.

komokwa and clutteredcloset49 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted