Looking for vintage clothing (Male)

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by m3ltdown, May 16, 2017.

1. m3ltdown

m3ltdown Active Member

Hello,

I am looking to buy OLD clothing for photo-shoots,

Chest 37.0
    Waist 33.0
    leg 32
    shoe size 7

Not necessarily antique prices, but i dont want to buy cheap fancy dress style stuff, i guess mid range items, they can be ripped or muddy for example for a war related photoshoot, but if the item looks good then i will pay more.

I am thinking period drama's like "The crown" "Victoria" "Paldork" and some war related outfits or 1960s american or old German police clothing,

Any suggestions? any ideas? shooting 3-4 shoots with different themes anyone selling anything similar? or know anywhere to purchase?

Thank you,
    Adam

TraceyB and judy like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

The last time I was a 33 inch waist Reagan was in office! Sounds fun,Id love to see some pics when you finish. :)

3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

There are Vintage clothing sections on eBay (at least, on U.S. eBay) -- I have purchased some good things there, often for little money. However, you do have to be careful in reading the sellers' descriptions.

Otherwise, if you have any large thrift stores or consignment shops in your area, you may get lucky with the 20th century items. The older ones will be more difficult, as you know.

TraceyB likes this.
  4. DylanH

DylanH New Member

Are you still looking for stuff? You and I are pretty much exactly the same size, and I collect vintage clothing!

TraceyB likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

He hasn't been here in over a year........but maybe he'll show up again...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

TraceyB and i need help like this.
  6. rink

rink Member

I have a good friend who collects, restores and sells vintage clothing.

TraceyB and ABuchan like this.
  7. ABuchan

ABuchan New Member

Anyone looking for vintage childrens' clothing?

TraceyB likes this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

u should start a separate thread.........this one is 4 years old..

MidwestMagpie, TraceyB and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted