Looking to id vintage bolt of fabric

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Good_old_deb, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Good_old_deb

Good_old_deb New Member

Good evening, I am very glad to have found these forums! I recently purchased a 20 yard bolt of vintage upholstery fabric. It is 37" wide and has a pattern similar to a brunschwig & fils design called bromley hall. But it has slight differences, like it doesn't have two of the peacocks, only ducks and chickens. It is in a sienna brown on ivory. Very nice looking. No sell edge markings, or marks on the cardboard tube. It feels like cotton, only a slight one way stretch on the diagonal. I am including the pics in the gallery. Thank you for any help!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    KingofThings likes this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome! :)
    We seem to generally prefer them to be in the appropriate post and enlarged if you would do so please.

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Deb! I'm not good at fabric, but I do know that the term is "selvage" or "selvedge." A case of auto-correct? :)

KingofThings likes this.
  4. Good_old_deb

Good_old_deb New Member

Yes the iPad gave me sell edge instead of selvedge! I tried to post the images but they were too big for the forum, so I put them in my gallery. I can't figure out how to resize them. I may just upload from my phone when I get the chance.

KingofThings likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Oh those pesky coreckshuns! :rolleyes:

Maximum weight for pictures here is 1MB. Do you have a way to resize them?

KingofThings likes this.
  6. KingofThings

I often just send my phone photos to my email and then load and modify them to 480 x 640z

7. Good_old_deb

Good_old_deb New Member

8. KingofThings

Chel speck. ;)

Bev aka thelmasstuff likes this.
  9. Bakersgma

One other option - have you tried using the Media Gallery Embed tool in the reply box tool bar? That may give you a way to do it now instead of later. But since I don't use it myself, I am uncertain about that.

KingofThings likes this.
  10. KingofThings

I've not used that either Bakers.

11. Good_old_deb

Good_old_deb New Member

12. Good_old_deb

Good_old_deb New Member

Probably not the best way but eventually I will figure it out. I am new to the iPad and also overtired right now. Sorry!

KingofThings likes this.
  13. Bakersgma

Deb - was that link the result of using the Media Gallery Embed tool?

KingofThings likes this.
  14. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I saved it to my desktop, shrunk it a little and here it is. image (800x598).jpg

15. Good_old_deb

Good_old_deb New Member

You are awesome!

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  16. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Deb, I'm just getting to this thread for the first time. Although I may not be able to help I thought I'd bump this. Was wondering what your question is?

17. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

\\

Figtree, I'm "guessing" that she is/was looking for the name of the "pattern/design" and the name of the textile manufacturer/designer.

Draft saved Draft deleted