Lots of random stuff... batch 1

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Kelly McEvoy, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Kelly McEvoy

Kelly McEvoy Member

So, here is batch one of a load of stuff I mentioned in a separate thread. I have better photos of individual pieces but thought that I would just give people a general idea first. I'm guessing that there's a lot where you can just see from a distance it is rubbish. Happy to take and send more photos. Enjoy!
    IMG_6993.jpeg IMG_6996.JPEG IMG_6998.JPEG IMG_7001.JPEG IMG_7005.jpeg IMG_7007.JPEG IMG_7004.JPEG

bobsyouruncle and ulilwitch like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Blimey.

I can see a couple of Silver Jubillee ingot pendants. A decent cameo or two and an operculum set fob. Goldstone spinner fob and a baby's rattle. Petra dura brooch. An nineteenth century silver pendant with hair, sentimental or mourning.

Kelly McEvoy, ulilwitch and judy like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Love that locket/pendant!!

judy, Kelly McEvoy and ulilwitch like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Those appear to be Victorian baby rattles in 2a and 2b. See an Egyptian knot ring in 3C (bottom row left.) Very hippie dippy. And there's a faux Cartier Trinity ring in the row above it (third from right.)

Debora

Kelly McEvoy and ulilwitch like this.
  5. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

Second to last row on far right with multiple rings might be a Harem ring. Bottom far left we bought when we were in Turkey. We called them puzzle rings. We would have races in class to see who could put one together the fastest. I can still put it together with my eyes closed!

judy, Kelly McEvoy and Debora like this.
  6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

The figural pendant 1a looks like Hei Tiki?

judy and Kelly McEvoy like this.
  7. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

The cameo in 1a, top 3rd of the photo, left of center looks to be early 20th century. Unfortunately it is missing the pin stem, fortunately it still has the bail. Check for metal content, it could be anything from brass to gilt silver to gold. No marks?

2a, top between the two rectangular pendants is a very nice Victorian aesthetic period pendant with a compartment in back with hair. If you could take a close up of the back we should be able to read the marks to tell you who, what and where it was made.

2a, bottom left, are there any marks on the clasp of the bracelet? It looks interesting. Also, those dangly earring on the bottom right look interesting, any marks on those?

Check all those rings for gold or silver marks, just in case. Actually, check everything for marks! If you don't have one, get a loupe, it will make it easier to see the marks.

judy, Kelly McEvoy and Figtree3 like this.
  8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I love the snake in 1a. Looks like it might have a mark of some kind on the back (pic 2a), visible to the left of the pin, in one of the curved parts?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    judy, Kelly McEvoy and i need help like this.
  9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

10. Kelly McEvoy

Kelly McEvoy Member

Hi, I think it is but I can't tell what it's made of or whether it's, as we suspect, a cheap tourist piece... IMG_4265.JPG
    IMG_4266.JPG IMG_7219.JPEG

judy likes this.
  11. Kelly McEvoy

Kelly McEvoy Member

Hi,

Thank you for taking a look! I love the dangly earrings but I can't for the life of me see any marks...
    IMG_7223.JPG IMG_7224.JPG IMG_7225.JPG
    The photo I took of the bracelet is terrible! Sorry. I can't find any marks and I doubt it's gold because of the discolouration here...
    IMG_7139.JPEG
    It has actually got stones and "pearls" in it...
    IMG_7138.JPG

kyratango and judy like this.
  12. Kelly McEvoy

Kelly McEvoy Member

Wow! You people are amazing. So much knowledge. And from such poor quality photos! I thought the "hairy" pendant was broken but now I'm not so sure. Here is my best attempt at a close-up photo of the marks...
    IMG_7162.JPEG

kyratango, judy and KSW like this.
  13. Kelly McEvoy

Kelly McEvoy Member

Thanks for taking a lot and sharing your thoughts. I think the "rattle" is some kind of printing thing. Of course not clear at all from my original photos. Sadly, it has a piece missing. Such a shame. Would have been an adorable little thing if complete. It's really hard to read but it has the days of the week engraved in each stone...
    IMG_7153.JPG IMG_7152.JPEG IMG_7149.JPEG IMG_7148.JPEG

kyratango, judy, KSW and 1 other person like this.
  14. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Oh, thank you for the close-up. What a pretty thing. Gilded with mother of pearl handle. I've not seen on of those before. A wax seal wheel. Someone will value even with missing intaglio.

d44d5d7be2f043c44c9e83ca8c1fd2ce.jpg

kyratango, KSW, bobsyouruncle and 2 others like this.
  15. Kelly McEvoy

Kelly McEvoy Member

Oooh. Fascinating. I'll look up Harem rings. Some of the rings have marks but they're really hard to decipher...
    IMG_7187.JPG
    This one seems to be silver and it's pretty thick but I can't work out the markings. Not even sure a loupe would help...
    IMG_7175.JPG
    IMG_7177.JPG
    One of the twisty rings is actually a snake...
    IMG_7194.JPG
    Again, can't work out the markings...
    IMG_7196.JPG
    IMG_7198.JPG

judy, KSW and Figtree3 like this.
  16. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

There's lots of interesting stuff there.

What is this thing? Brittania, obviously, but in what context? Is there writing in that white crescent?
    zzzb.jpg

Is this the baby rattle?
    zzz.jpg

zzza.jpg

I find that fascinating. Are those pastes decorated?
    zzzc.jpg

Late for the party! I see someone has already talked about the rattle. I still find it fascinating.

"Wax seal wheel". I'll be making a note of that.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    kyratango, judy and KSW like this.
  17. Kelly McEvoy

Kelly McEvoy Member

Thank you so much for your help! The cameos don't have any marks but this one is quite pretty and possibly has a mark but it could jest be dents... IMG_7204.JPG IMG_7202.JPG This one has some markings but really unclear... IMG_7206.JPG IMG_7207.JPG

judy and KSW like this.
  18. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I edited this comment I made. The mark is visible to the left of the pin, not the right...

judy likes this.
  19. Kelly McEvoy

Kelly McEvoy Member

I don't have a loupe but even with a magnifying glass I can't decipher any markings... IMG_7227.JPG IMG_7232.JPG

Attached Files:

judy and Figtree3 like this.
  20. Kelly McEvoy

Kelly McEvoy Member

I still can't see it : )... IMG_7241.JPG IMG_7239.JPG

judy and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted