Featured Louis vuitton maybe

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Chris Mount, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Chris Mount

Chris Mount Getting there

Hi all hoping someone can confirm if this is original or not. Have searched coin keys etc but found nothing. If it is original any idea in age. Leather with drawstring the clasp pulls back to to open. 15070943607895.jpg 15070943607564.jpg 15070943386512.jpg 15070943386241.jpg 15070943385750.jpg
    View attachment 92224
    15070943607043.jpg

2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Chris, I honestly have no idea. I have never seen one like it.

There have been a few "key ring" purse attachments, made to "match" other LV bags. Whether or not this is one, I honestly don't know.

[An LV Alma bag, for instance, can have a leather treatment similar to that on the item you show here, and it can come with a "key clochette” (some call it a “bell”) - but that "clochette" is nothing like what you have.]

As I said above, I honestly have no idea... I happen to think that your little drawstring piece is rather delightful, but I really don't know whether LV ever made anything similar.

judy likes this.
  3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Just for the heck of it, here's the "working part" of a real LV keyring. I can't see yours clearly. Do you think they're the same?

img0 (342).jpg

judy and komokwa like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that looks awful close.........

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  5. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Looks like a "mini" Epi leather Petite Noe, though the bottom of the full sized one is different. I can't see it well enough to even guess at authenticity.............

Christmasjoy, judy and kyratango like this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Your item doesn't appear to have the quality one would expect from LOUIS VUITTON.

Debora

reader, Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  7. Chris Mount

Yes reckon so pull back and moves out the pin is there not home now will take a photo then

8. Chris Mount

a couple more pics 15071778222470.jpg 15071778223091.jpg 15071778223412.jpg 15071778441143.jpg 15071778441524.jpg 15071778597506.jpg 15071778442075.jpg

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

It looks honest.....& I have trouble thinking someone would want to fake this.

Christmasjoy, judy and kyratango like this.
  10. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

That is the main thing that kept me from instantly saying "fake".

However, the way the coating on the metal has seriously eroded, I would not expect to see that on an authentic designer piece. It's the kind of compromised coating you might see on a faked Rolex watch for example.

There may be other concerns I'm not seeing. I have a seamstress friend who is good with this kind of thing. She will take one look at something like the stitching, and know in a instant if it is a authentic designer piece vrs fake. That stuff evades me.

Because I'm not an expert, I can't be 100% sure either way. Just some observations that raise a bit of a red flag.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    kyratango, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  11. Chris Mount

Thanks to all for input you guys are best judge looks and feels quite old so not sure if that's a factor in tarnishing cheers chris

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  12. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Off the top of my head I can't say when the Epi leather was introduced by Vuitton, but I THINK it is no older than the 1970s. If that piece were mine I would be raising Cain over the poor metal fittings - not at all up to Vuitton standards.................but that is not definitive because at some point in their history they licensed companies in the USA and Spain to manufacture for them, so the quality of the brass may not have been the same as that used in France.

Have you checked deep in to the interior folds for a tag/tab with impressed numbers (sometimes called a serial number, but actually a date code). It may also note the country of manufacture. Somewhere on the web is a table for translating date codes, etc., but since I no longer handle luxury handbags for a living I have deleted the link from my bookmarks :(

13. reader

reader Well-Known Member

IMO counterfeit. Epi would be lined in Alcantara-not whatever that stuff is. The imprint is wrong on the key ring. The finishing is awful and those ball ends don’t exist. BTW Epi launched in the mid 80s (I think 85) and although Vuitton did license out to a Los Angeles luggage company from the late 70s to the early 90s, they never licensed their product in Spain. Spanish pieces are only made in Louis Vuitton owned factories. Lastly, by 1985 all Vuitton except licensed US pieces (and this is not a US licensed piece since those were only made in monogram canvas) had a date code. Sorry.

tie.dye.cat likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted