Louis XV Style Gilt Bronze Marquetry Center Table? or Partnerdesk?, 20th Century and Earlier

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Passionate, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Passionate

Passionate New Member

Measurements

Height: 31 inches, width 42 inches, length: 87 inches

Provenance: Estate in New York.

I think this is a very interesting desk. I think it is rather made in a German Louis XV then in a French Louis XV style. There are build in old panels from marquetry, which I believe these were originally made in Augsburg, Germany ( see picture 7 for an example in an original cabinet made in Augsburg, Germany) and must date back to 1500-1550? I think it must have been a commission by a wealthy person such as the Rockefellers or somebody who had an affilliation with old German antiques? The firm who made it in the 20th century must have been huge skills and large enough to have made this. The veneer wood around the plateau is palmwood, also not common in souch a desk ( referring to Palmbeach in Florida?) Perhaps it was Maison Jansen from Paris or Citterio from Meda in Italy? The measurements are also uncommon and impressive. Who can help me solving this problem? Very kind to everybody. Louis_XV_Style_Gilt_Bronze_Marquetry_Center_Table_20th_Century_and_Earlier173_1.jpg Louis_XV_Style_Gilt_Bronze_Marquetry_Center_Table_20th_Century_and_Earlier173_2-1.jpg Louis_XV_Style_Gilt_Bronze_Marquetry_Center_Table_20th_Century_and_Earlier173_3.jpg Louis_XV_Style_Gilt_Bronze_Marquetry_Center_Table_20th_Century_and_Earlier173_8.jpg Louis_XV_Style_Gilt_Bronze_Marquetry_Center_Table_20th_Century_and_Earlier173_13.jpg Louis_XV_Style_Gilt_Bronze_Marquetry_Center_Table_20th_Century_and_Earlier173_54-1.jpg AnticStore-Large-Ref-53837_08-1.jpg Louis_XV_Style_Gilt_Bronze_Marquetry_Center_Table_20th_Century_and_Earlier173_44.jpg Louis_XV_Style_Gilt_Bronze_Marquetry_Center_Table_20th_Century_and_Earlier173_46.jpg Louis_XV_Style_Gilt_Bronze_Marquetry_Center_Table_20th_Century_and_Earlier173_40.jpg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    NorgeBluEyes and lauragarnet like this.
  2. Passionate

Passionate New Member

And here are some more pictures: Louis_XV_Style_Gilt_Bronze_Marquetry_Center_Table_20th_Century_and_Earlier173_43-1.jpg

lauragarnet likes this.
  3. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

More Rothschild than Rockefeller...............Rockefeller taste was a bit more catholic. Though Abby could run wild, so..................

lauragarnet likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Is that REAL DETAIL????? OMG......THAT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lauragarnet likes this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

As noted, this is 20th century. A lot of this type of thing is being made in Egypt these days. The intricacy and quality on this is nicer than what we usually see and I am sure this was expensive. Very nice piece.

lauragarnet likes this.
  6. Passionate

Passionate New Member

Yes. The marquetry is really insane. I wander who made this fantastic allegoric story.
    Thank you. It is an incredibel peace and by it size and by it's quality I think. But I only found out that the panels who where used are real antique.
    That could be a direction. Although it's tuff to find.

lauragarnet likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted