Lovely Lady CDV

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by ScanticAntiques, Jun 24, 2016.

1. ScanticAntiques

ScanticAntiques Well-Known Member

Hello,

Was wondering if I could get a bit of help finding this
    Mrs. Pickard? of New Orleans Louisiana

I can't seem to find anyone with the last name Pickard living in that area C.1870

I did find a female author named Kate Pickard but she seemed to move around the South.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Warmest Regards,
    Scantic IMG_8659.JPG IMG_8663.JPG

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I Think it might be RICKARD.....try that.

3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

How about KINKAID?

KingofThings and ScanticAntiques like this.
  4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

That is possible -- likely, even.

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I tried both Pickard and Rickard for a woman thereabouts who would have been 30-ish in 1870 with no success. Closest I could find was a Mrs. Picard (no k) who was 50, born in France, widowed and teaching French at the Saint Louis Institute. Unless this picture was taken much earlier, she seemed unlikely. Very few directory listings of either Pickard/Picard or Rickard families in NOLA city directories and none lead to anything better. Sorry, Scantic.

6. ScanticAntiques

ScanticAntiques Well-Known Member

Thank you for trying! That's more than I could ever ask for! I greatly appreciate it!

7. Brenda Anna

Brenda Anna Well-Known Member

Perhaps the person who wrote her name on the back of the photo simply misspelled it.

8. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

My mother's maiden name was Richards, but in doing our genealogy I've found it spelled many different ways including Rickard. It was French Canadian and started out as Richer (pronounced Ree-shay.) Depending on the way it was pronounced when they came down to NH, that's how it was spelled on documents. I can understand how it might be Rickard. Maybe she was visiting and had her photo taken to give someone.

9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

She may also have travelled to New Orleans from a smaller town and had her portrait taken there.

Debora

ScanticAntiques likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted