Featured Lovely Sterling Bracelet with Blue Stones

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Danno, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, I cannot find a maker's mark on this clasp bracelet with fairly dark blue stones. The bracelet is clearly marked 925 but I cannot see anything else. I am seeking guidance from the resident jewelry experts on make, age, stones, value (yeah, yeah I know) etc.

Thanks again!
    Dan

IMG_1756.JPG IMG_1757.JPG IMG_1756.JPG

2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Love it!

KSW and kyratango like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Those could be blue tourmaline. There's no age on this; it's pretty recent. Thai, maybe?

KSW and kyratango like this.
  4. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

Thank you!

KSW likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

There's an irradiated "London" blue topaz about the same color, but it really does look like indicolite tourmaline from here.

KSW and Danno like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Nice bracelet, made in Bali. Can't see the clarity and colour tone of the stones very well, but the Balinese use a lot of topaz, different colours.

KSW, AntiqueAndy, Danno and 1 other person like this.
  7. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

in the "style" of John Hardy (made in Bali)

KSW, Danno and kyratango like this.
  8. Any Jewelry

And John Hardy designs borrow from the centuries old Balinese style, which is mostly borrowed from the East Javanese Majapahit (1293-ca. 1500) style. Bali was a Majapahit colony.
    Although those chunky curls seem to be taken from the Jambi (Sumatra) style of jewellery, again based on age old designs.
    A lot of Western jewellery designers are based in Bali, cheap labour and good quality silverwork. Another famous name was Sajen, who introduced those Dewi Ratih or Balinese moon goddess faces to the world (I wish they hadn't, I see them everywhere now).

KSW, Msalicia, Figtree3 and 2 others like this.
  9. Msalicia

Msalicia Well-Known Member

Great info Any Jewelry! I have to say I don’t think I have the brain capacity to retain the knowledge you have. Although, my memory is still working and I am learning a lot from your posts. Thank you.

KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. Any Jewelry

Thanks Msalicia.:) My memory isn't what it used to be, but there is still some info to be found in the nooks and crannies of the old brain.:playful:

KSW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted