Featured Loving this Chinese marking still no clue to date though

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Nic Turn, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Nic Turn

Nic Turn New Member

IMG_2581.JPG IMG_2581.JPG
    Anyone with knowledge input. Thanks :)

Attached Files:

2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Nic Turn, Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Lovely plate, Nic, I love that celadon ground.
    I see Gotheborg calls the similar plate 'fencai', which means pink colours. Fencai is a fairly recent term for multi-coloured porcelain, ca a century old. They used to call it 'yongcai', foreign colours, because only foreigners liked these colours, which were considered gaudy to many Chinese.;) In this case I have a foreign taste.

i need help, judy and Nic Turn like this.
  4. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Well-Known Member

i'm also curious with this kind of mark,i found some people claims this mark come from 19th century,but i'm confuse why they make this mark if even the chinese can't read that kind of mark,:hilarious:

Nic Turn and judy like this.
  5. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Common decoration. 19th century. Not every Chinese can read seal marks. Calligraphy is an art.
    Main feature of fencai/yangcai is the soft opaque enamels. Before Kangxi, in Wucai, the enamels were transparent and hard looking.Those terms are a bit confusing especially when you add Falangcai.

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

One of my favourite pieces in my modest collection is a Daoguang falangcai bowl. Not the best period maybe, but it is a beauty, with a peony flower and bud on a branch trailing all the way around the bowl.

Nic Turn and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted