Featured M.Z. Austria Pitcher

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Hallie Cook, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Hallie Cook

Hallie Cook New Member

2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It might be a greenware mark, meaning it was a blank sold to hobbyist china painters, and it could have been decorated any time.

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Welcome Hallie - that pitcher is gorgeous! My personal opinion is that it was decorated at the factory. Almost all the MZ pieces I've handled are factory decorated. Those beautiful flowers are typical of the type of decoration they used.

The market on these is a bit down at the moment. Just too much supply and not enough demand. I think that will change as people will want less mass produced items with shoddy decoration and as the market eventually absorbs the excess supply. I don't collect MZ but I would be very tempted to find a place for that on one of my shelves.
    Don

Baalidun and judy like this.
  4. Hallie Cook

Hallie Cook New Member

Thank you both for the responses. The mark on the pitcher is green, if that's any indicator. The painting is well done with some of the details raised, and I believe that the trim is done in gold.
    Thanks for the insight into the market, Don. I guess it will be a while before I find a venue to sell it.

5. Baalidun

Baalidun New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted