Made in Japan Vase with 3D effect

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Ellie Jones, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Ellie Jones

Ellie Jones Member

japanese moriage vase 1010101.jpg japanese moriage vase 1010133.jpg japanese moriage vase 1010144.jpg japanese moriage vase 1010155.jpg
    Here is the other Japanese Vase I have and looking for age & worth on. It is marked on the bottom hand written Made in Japan. I'm thinking 1920's because it belonged to a friends Aunt who traveled during that time frame. It has this really neat 3d effect in how it is made. But doesn't have the gold gilt as the other vase does. Thanks in advance!

judy likes this.
  2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

have a look at moriage vases

aaroncab likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks like more of a stamp...than handwritten..

Bakersgma, blooey and aaroncab like this.
  4. Ellie Jones

Ellie Jones Member

I thought it was handwritten due to the irregular look didn't look smooth enough to me for a stamp.

Draft saved Draft deleted