Made in Spain salad luncheon plate P fouilles help with name

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mugzinnys, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

These plates are 7 3/4" diameter

Help with the spelling of the name of manufacturer or designer 20190629_112812.jpg 20190629_112824.jpg 20190629_112829.jpg

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It reads "P. Zorrilla." Good quality. There's quite a number of ceramic pieces out there with the same signature. Suspect manufacturer name and not that of individual artisan. Supposed to be from Manises (Valencia.)

Debora

3. Mugzinnys

Thanks Deb. there is not a lot of information on these plates online. a nice set of 5 salad plate. There is not a big market for them, but they are pretty. no selling history hardly.
    Thanks again Debora

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Mugzinnys

okay searching with the full name brings up more results very nice on some of them tat are very colorful

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

They're quite pretty. Likely set of 6 originally. Some sales history on google.es. Let me see what I can find you. (Couldn't find anything about P. Zorrilla although the surname has a long association with ceramics.)

Debora

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

8. Mugzinnys

Most of the plates I found was wall plates Why would they be made in a set of 6 curious? Maybe made for the table or eating off of

9. Mugzinnys

Thanks for the links

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Did I misunderstand? Thought you said you had five. Such an odd number; if set, thought six. I suspect just a pretty plate for display. I've never really seen anyone eat off this type of ceramic -- although one could.

Debora

11. Mugzinnys

I guess at the number 5 but there might have been 6
    I was thinking were would a person want to hang or display 6 similar plates.
    Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted