Featured Made in Sweden Paperweight Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, May 12, 2015.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello everyone - my glass mystery for today is a Made in Sweden paperweight vase. It stands 6" tall and measures 2 1/2" across the base. It has a waffle-type bottom The color seems to be somewhere between amber and smoke. Only marking is a Made In Sweden foil label. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Don

DSC02621.JPG DSC02623.JPG DSC02622.JPG

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you, Ownedbybear!
    Don

KingofThings likes this.
  4. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

5. Ownedbybear

Most welcome. They made a lot of those huge brandy glasses, too.

KingofThings likes this.
  6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Ownedbybear - do you think these glasses might be Aseda? Each is about 3 3/4" high. The base looks similar to other Aseda products.

IMG_20150513_112412053.jpg IMG_20150513_112529229.jpg

7. Ownedbybear

I'd be darned sure of it! I've had some of those cocktail glasses, I think they're jolly nice. Your amber one below them looks Empoli?

8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thanks again, Ownedbybear! I'm not sure which glass you are referring to. In the first photo the stem to the right of the Aseda is Heisey. If you talking about the bottom shelf they have a gold foil Bohemia label. Pictures of that set is below. Sorry about the photo quality. Lighting that shelf has been a problem.
    IMG_20150513_125233809.jpg IMG_20150513_125756839.jpg

9. Ownedbybear

That's the one. Interesting: it's very like some Empoli, so useful to see the label. Thank you!

10. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

My pleasure - I'm always happy when I can contribute something back!
    Don

Pat P and Bakersgma like this.
  11. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Sorry to revive this thread but I've been informed through Ebay messages that this vase in question is not Aseda but more likely Eneryda?
    Don

KingofThings likes this.
  12. Ownedbybear

Hm. Let me ponder that. Not sure it looks it.

KingofThings likes this.
  13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Well then....you go reply to that eBay knowitall to back up their assertion with whatever facts they have at their disposal !!!

If they can show you with certainty , what it is.....INVITE em to join here !!!!!

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:......:):):):).......:playful::playful::playful::playful::playful:........;);););););););)

dgbjwc and KingofThings like this.
  14. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

SIDEBAR......I've gotten hundreds of ebay sellers to change their listings by proving to them that what they have is not what they think they have .....but only after they questioned my knowledge .....which is fine by me !!

dgbjwc and KingofThings like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted