Featured Made In U.S.A. Pottery Pitcher - Camark?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Sep 9, 2021.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Friends - I have a bluish purple pitcher which I can't identify. It has a handle like Camark pitcher but I've never seen a Camark pitcher with this handle that didn't require a stopper. The pitcher stands about 6 1/2" tall. Sorry about the glare. I'm still not very good at photographing pottery. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Don

IMG_20210909_171946892.jpg IMG_20210909_171959118.jpg IMG_20210909_172023073.jpg

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you, SIS. I have a Redwing book I can check. Will report back.

4. say_it_slowly

Oh good, I don't have a Redwing book:)

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Actually I found out I have two Red Wing books and one Rumrill book. One Red Wing book does include Rumrill pieces but my pitcher wasn't there. The Rumrill book only contained Rumrill pieces made in Ohio. I didn't turn my pitcher up but did find the pitcher with stopper that is usually attributed to Camark. Neither book mentioned an ink stamp mark. So no luck in confirming so far.

6. say_it_slowly

You know the internet, there are several more mentioning it but they may be basing it on one wrong attribution. Hopefully someone will know it.

7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@dgbjwc - What book do you have? I looked through my Warman's Red Wing book by Mark F. Moran & saw some cookie jars that are quite similar to your pitcher. The book says they are unmarked.

I found this one with a similar color.

https://www.redwingcollectors.org/2...nerware/gypsy-trail-ball-cookie-jar-in-cobalt

I am assuming this is the pitcher you spoke about.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303476072324

To me, it would not be too much of a stretch to assume that if they made these 2 pieces with the same handle making a ball pitcher would seem feasible. JMHO

Maybe you can check with the folks at the collector club in the first link to see if it indeed is a Red Wing piece or not.

8. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

9. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I have the Warman by Moran book and did see the cookie jars you mention. It does seem quite a coincidence that we would find cookie jars and a stoppered pitcher with the same handles as my pitcher. Still not sure where the mark fits in as I couldn't find it listed as a Red Wing or Rumrill mark.

I feel pretty comfortable that it is Red Wing but not as comfortable that it is Red Wing for Rumrill. Thanks for your sleuthing. It is much appreciated.

say_it_slowly and bercrystal like this.
  10. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

You are very welcome!!:happy::kiss::kiss:

say_it_slowly likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted