Featured Magazine rack or umbrella stand?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Dma, Jan 10, 2019.

  1. Dma

    Dma New Member

    PART_1547160001128.jpg PART_1547160094422.jpg PART_1547160094422.jpg Any help would be appreciated. I can't find anything on it . Time period? Thanks
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  2. Bakersgma

    Bakersgma Well-Known Member

    Welcome, Dma! Would you be so kind as to use the Edit button beneath your post to change the pictures from Thumbnail to Full Image? It will help us see your item more clearly. :)
    judy, scoutshouse and i need help like this.
  3. Miscstuff

    Miscstuff Australia

    Welcome Dma.
    Babies cradle??????:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
  4. Debora

    Debora Well-Known Member

    Does appear to be a vintage newspaper/magazine rack.

  5. Fid

    Fid Well-Known Member

    for flower pots ? ivy etc.
  6. Bakersgma

    Bakersgma Well-Known Member

    It would be good to have dimensions. The rounded top looks like a 60's quilt rack, but the bottom doesn't.
  7. Dma

    Dma New Member

    Ok hopefully I did it right this time thank you
    scoutshouse and Christmasjoy like this.
  8. Dma

    Dma New Member

    Thank you. I was thinking that maybe newspapers would go on top .
  9. Bakersgma

    Bakersgma Well-Known Member

    Your pictures are still thumbnails. Click Edit, More Options, click the Full Image box next to each pictures, Save Changes.
  10. Bakersgma

    Bakersgma Well-Known Member

    Thank you!

    Now that I can see the stencil on the bottom better - can you see what the letters are that follow "American" - T O something?
  11. Dma

    Dma New Member

    I think it says tour
  12. Bakersgma

    Bakersgma Well-Known Member

    Hmmmm. That piece of paper under there, looks kind of dirty, but is there anything on it that might indicate who made this?

    And how tall and how wide is it?
  13. Dma

    Dma New Member

    Not sure not by it right now but I will take a look at the tag when I get home. It is about twice as tall as a normal magazine rack. thank you
  14. Bakersgma

    Bakersgma Well-Known Member

    Ok. When you can. We'll be here!
  15. Christmasjoy

    Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

    Under the word "AMERICAN" it looks like the word " Heritage " .. This could of course be replaced wood. ... Joy.
    scoutshouse and i need help like this.
  16. Aquitaine

    Aquitaine Is What It IS!!!

    Well my first thought was I thought the bottom looked like a magazine stand and the top looked more like a towel rack!! But newspapers hanging on the top is a good thought too!!!!! We used to have similar in spare bedrooms for guests, but without the magazine part on the bottom.....just legs and a stand....and it WAS for towels for guests!!!

    AND, I nearly forgot, WELCOME to Antiquers, @Dma!!!! It's a nice piece, no matter which it is!!!!:):)
    scoutshouse and i need help like this.
  17. Bronwen

    Bronwen Well-Known Member

    American Heritage, I think. Looks large for reading material. Looks perfect to keep at the foot of a bed to hold shams & bedspread if not used while sleeping.
  18. cxgirl

    cxgirl Well-Known Member

  19. Bakersgma

    Bakersgma Well-Known Member

    I tried looking for an American Heritage Furniture Company but got a lot of junk hits on Google. When we get the dimensions it might be exactly what you (and I) think this looks like, Bronwen.
  20. Dma

    Dma New Member

    28h 20w 8d are the dimensions
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads: Magazine rack
Forum Title Date
Antique Discussion Journal of Antiques & Collectibles Magazine Apr 25, 2018
Antique Discussion Christie’s Online Magazine: lots about flat art this time Oct 6, 2017
Antique Discussion 1888 Scribners Magazine.... Apr 5, 2017
Antique Discussion Christie's Online Magazine Mar 18, 2017
Antique Discussion Christie's online magazine Jun 26, 2016

Share This Page