Maker of Black Ceramic 7 1/8" Bowl?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KevinM, Apr 20, 2016.

1. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

This is a ceramic bowl that I recently purchased and was hoping someone could identify the maker mark (thought I would ask, you never know sometimes!).

The bowl is made of ceramic and looks like it was either made of black or a dark color clay and has some metallic type designs or glaze on the bottom of it in areas.

The bowl measures about 7 1/8" in diameter and is about 2" in height. On the bottom of the bowl there is what looks like a leaf logo or maker mark.

Does anyone know or recognize who the maker mark belongs to or anything else about this bowl?

Thanks!
    Kevin
    HPIM3107.JPG HPIM3108.JPG HPIM3109.JPG HPIM3110.JPG HPIM3111.JPG

2. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

That is a cool bowl. I look for studio pottery because some of it really sells. I don't know everything but this is a good site that might help.

http://themarksproject.org/

KevinM, *crs* and yourturntoloveit like this.
  3. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Thanks kraftblue. I tried looking at the site you gave but didn't see anything that looked like the mark.

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I don't know the maker but it looks like raku to me.

KevinM likes this.
  5. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

I believe there is a Studio pottery group on FB also that you could check with.

KevinM likes this.
  6. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Ok, thanks say_it_slowly and crs!

*crs* likes this.
  7. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

I just joined a group called Studio Pottery Identification. Looks pretty awesome

*crs* likes this.
  8. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Thanks kraftblue, good luck with your new group! Perhaps you can have your new group identify this bowl! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted