Maker's Hallmark On This Ring

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Josh, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

These two rings has a hallmark of the letter C in a shield. Anyone know who that is? Also was wondering if anyone might know what stone this is?

DSCF7123 - Copy.JPG DSCF7124 - Copy.JPG DSCF7125 - Copy.JPG DSCF7126 - Copy.JPG DSCF7127 - Copy.JPG

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Sorry can't help with the mark or the stone.

Can only say that the ring settings look to be a stamped metal, so not very expensive. The way the bezel fits the stone, makes me think of souvenir type of jewelry, or things a lapidary group might use to set the stones they cut.

That's much help, sorry.

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

For the stones I'd say chrysoprase.
    I'm with cluttered on the ring, not top quality, stamped metal.
    The mark is a manufacturers mark. Others may recognize it.

A hallmark is stamped by an assay office on items made of precious metal as legal verification of their fineness.

kyratango, Bakersgma and judy like this.
  4. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Many thanks to both of you. And thanks for the clarification on hallmarks versus maker's marks.

kyratango, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I have never seen an adjustable ring that would qualify as fine jewellery or even designer costume. The verdigris visible in the 5th photo indicates the presence of a fair amount of copper. I am inclined to think the stone is glass. The wear to the finish shows someone has loved & worn this very pretty ring. :writer::turtle:

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Josh, another detail, a maker's mark usually refers to handmade items. These rings were not handmade.
    I would call this a manufacturer's mark, but we have members who know costume jewellery, which I know next to nothing about. They probably know the right term.

kyratango and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted