Featured Makers mark vintage pearls help please

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by tyeldom3, Nov 23, 2022.

1. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

DD3CAC7A-C757-4940-B0DE-D42C60041322.jpeg Hi, vintage graduated pearl necklace 20”. The mark looks to me like a stylized “D” and then a crown.
    Im trying to post more pictures but they’re too large, I will keep trying. Thanks for your time.

2. tyeldom3

02E520D9-4113-4186-A81E-5055556093AE.jpeg 7539D735-0D25-4604-BAAF-FD66AEB003D7.jpeg

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's going to be the maker of the clasp, I suspect.

stracci, kyratango, evelyb30 and 2 others like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

maybe look towards Hong Kong ...?

stracci, ulilwitch and tyeldom3 like this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

PHEW!!!! This one was a "bugger"....was having trouble getting it enlarged enough to see what the heck it said and I'm STILL not sure it IS!! FIRST image shows inverted plus your regular image, but enlarged. THEN, second image below that is a bit bigger, also inverted.....RIGHT SIDE - tiny numbers in the darker part look like an x then 8.000 and can't read last #and below that all I think I can read is .D.... THE shape on the LEFT, in the middle of it NOT inverted tends to look a bit like a smiley face until I inverted it and then I see a '5'......'s all I've got!
    Other than PRETTY necklace, regardless!!!

ENLARGED INVERTED screenshot..jpg

200% screenshot.jpg

stracci, Chris Roy, ulilwitch and 3 others like this.
  6. Chris Roy

Chris Roy Die With Memories, Not Dreams ...

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's a fairly standard fishhook pearl clasp. As Bear said, the mark IDs the manufacturer of the hardware, not the necklace. The pearls could have been made into a necklace almost anywhere; hardware travels.

8. Chris Roy

Chris Roy Die With Memories, Not Dreams ...

Ahh ok ! Sorry my bad LoL. I honestly don't know anything about necklaces so just tried to matchs the patterns. Please forget I said anything. ;)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    tyeldom3 and Happy! like this.
  9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Nicely knotted between pears usually stands for good indication of decent pearls though, doesn't it???:happy:

Born2it, stracci and tyeldom3 like this.
  10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It can mean real/cultured, but it can also mean good faux, like Majorica.

11. tyeldom3

Thanks again everyone, I truly appreciate y’all!

stracci, komokwa and Ownedbybear like this.
  12. JewelryPicker

JewelryPicker Well-Known Member

Not to hijack, but I’d hate to start a new thread with an identical title/topic

trying to identify the maker on these pink pearl earrings. Photographing through a loupe can be challenging so I also attempted to draw what I see as “III” with a crown in the middle.

thoughts?

3212D5AD-8DA5-4328-8F15-CDB2987AB051.jpeg 686E4F58-1791-43F8-B2CA-19F62213EE23.jpeg 4B365B6A-D264-4E93-A866-C2F95A58411D.jpeg

13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks like the things Mom wore in the 60's..

14. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Again, who knows. The mark identifies the hardware manufacturer, not who assembled the earrings. I have a few pair of those myself. (I wear screwbacks.)

Draft saved Draft deleted