Featured Malachite Glass Perfume Bottle - 1930's?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by KikoBlueEyes, Mar 7, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I bought four more bottles - he had dozens - I had to stop. I have questions that I would appreciate your thoughts on:
    1. Malachite Glass - He said 1930's. Does that seem right? it is at 5 1/4 inches and 3 inches at it's widest point. I see some of these as Czech and some as German. Any thoughts?
    2. Green and Red Striped pinched glass bottle. 6 inches tall Mikado label on the bottom. Can you give me any information?
    3. Turquoise\Light Blue Faceted Bottle. 5 inches tall. He also claims this to be Art Deco. No mark on bottom that I can find.
    4. Lalique Two Dove perfume bottle - Newer?
    No hurry. I refuse to go back no matter how much I desire more things. These pieces will bring some color and interest to my small collection but the space is full, so I'm trying to figure out what to keep. These seem a lot nicer than most of what I already have, but I need your input to decide. Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

IMG_9479.jpg IMG_9480.jpg IMG_9482.jpg IMG_9484.JPG IMG_9483.JPG IMG_9485.JPG IMG_9487.JPG IMG_9488.JPG IMG_9492.JPG

BoudiccaJones, dude, patd8643 and 6 others like this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

One of the malachite glass ones is currently listed on eBay, but the seller has no additional info.

dude, pearlsnblume, TraceyB and 3 others like this.
  3. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

The 2 dove LALIQUE bottle is Nina Ricci L'air du Temps. Been made for years. No telling what year. Very popular bottle among collectors. Size matters with these.

dude, pearlsnblume, TraceyB and 4 others like this.
  4. Bdigger

The malachite one is more then likely Czech. Hardware says it's 1930's to me. Nicely done. I could be wrong though.
    The blue faceted bottle ......may be German made. Have seen some in Alexandrite color......hard to pin down without a siggy.

5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I think Desna made the famous version of the malachite, but I would imagine it was copied.

6. Bdigger

The NINA Ricci dove bottle.......I have not seen one signed the way that one is. It is almost always acid etched on the bottom. It is a well known Lalique design, hoping somebody didn't sign it there because it wasn't signed. You will need to investigate that further.
    I'm not saying that there aren't any that haven't been signed that way....i have just never seen it like that.

7. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you. I'll check it out.

dude, pearlsnblume and KSW like this.
  8. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

All are quite lovely, Kiko! :)

dude, pearlsnblume, TraceyB and 2 others like this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

It is 4 inches tall with the stopper. Nina Ricci L'air du Temps. Great starting point. Thank you.

dude, pearlsnblume and TraceyB like this.
  10. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you for the confirmation. I paid a lot for it, as compared to other bottles I have bought. Thanks for the German thought. This narrows down the research! I know I was disappointed about nothing on the bottom.

11. KikoBlueEyes

I'll compare it with actual signatures. I will put something on it to bring out the details. I looked at the bottom again and again as he said it was Lalique. I decided to investigate the edge, when I didn't find it there. I'll try to see if others are signed that way. Thank you.

12. KikoBlueEyes

Great A research lead. You are wonderful!

dude, TraceyB, KSW and 1 other person like this.
  13. KikoBlueEyes

That's always the problem, isn't it. I may have to create a space.

14. KikoBlueEyes

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  15. Bdigger

16. KikoBlueEyes

Great find. Below that one was a frosted one like mine and the signature was on the side.

[​IMG]

Lalique Crystal France Nina Ricci Perfume Bottle w/ Doves Stopper - Excellent | eBay

17. Bdigger

Good find Kiko. The Signature may very well be legit.

18. KikoBlueEyes

You were the one who pointed me to the right place! I just followed. :)

19. Bdigger

I was trying to track down information on how Lalique signed the bottles......no luck. But I did find this blurb about the bottle. I thought it was interesting.

By the 1920s and 1930s, the houses of Worth, Molyneux, d’Orsay, Houbigant and Roger & Gallet were all seeking out Lalique‘s design genius and craftsmanship, which so perfectly expressed the essences inside. His most famous bottle, however, has to be the crystal dove for Nina Ricci’s L’Air du Temps – created just after the war, gracing countless dressing tables around the world. It has been honoured as ‘flacon of the century’, and was a collaboration between Marc Lalique – René Lalique’s son – and Robert Ricci.

20. KikoBlueEyes

@i need help was right. It is part of a Desna set. There is a set on Pinterest that includes this bottle, the one with the stopper and a box. I couldn't find it on ebay sold, but here the Pinterest link
    Pinterest
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted