Featured Marilyn Monroe/Norma Jeane First Photo Shoot Proof 1945❤️

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Vintage Maven, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

I was just informed a price agreement was reached, I am now the new owner of this fabulous photographic item. This is a proof made from the original negative. It is of Marilyn Monroe, then still known as Norma Jeane Mortenson. This was her VERY FIRST photo-shoot, at Castle Rock, north of Santa Monica, California. The photo was a series taken by photographer Bill Carroll on August 5th, 1945. It is also hand-signed by Mr. Carroll. *This is the previous owner’s photo of the item, I will post images by me once it arrives. It won’t spend much time in my hands though, it will go off to the gallery for a custom preservation framing to be hung in my personal home gallery collection. I am very, very happy about this acquisition for my collection, this is so incredible, okay, I’m just a bit ecstatic! Lol. ❤️Maven

AEB5F284-81D8-46E9-A553-809D5ECD012F.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Gentleman Prefer Blondes is a must watch at least twice a year . This is truly enviable ! Look up Jimmy James sometimes,his impersonation of Marilyn was uncanny. I got to see him live in Denver circa 1992 and it was amazing.

3. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I love that photo Maven.

4. Vintage Maven

Actually @johnnycb09 How To Marry A Millionaire was going to be the movie tonight, but maybe Gentleman Prefer Blondes could be added, depending how late I stay up, and as long as the organic popcorn holds out lol. ❤️Maven

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    johnnycb09, judy and Hachiko like this.
  5. Vintage Maven

Thank You @Bookahtoo I am super happy to be it’s new owner/curator. I was so happy when my price offer was accepted. Actually the negotiation for this went very well, the owner had dropped the price, I came back with a little lower counter offer, just to see. I didn’t think it would be accepted….but here it is! ❤️Maven

johnnycb09 and judy like this.
  6. Jerry Coker

Jerry Coker Active Member

Beautiful, and she is so young and happy in this one! Thank you for sharing.

7. Vintage Maven

Thank You Very Much @Jerry Coker I was saying earlier today that I love the very early photos of her, there is a sweetness & sincerity that shines through. ❤️Maven

johnnycb09 and judy like this.
  8. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Lovely addition to your already impressive collection.

johnnycb09, Vintage Maven and judy like this.
  9. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

And a innocence...

10. Vintage Maven

Thank You @Boland Very kind of you to say! ❤️Maven

judy and johnnycb09 like this.
  11. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

Not sure if it was Bill Carrol, but a bunch of years back a Guy in Santa Cruz had a whole bunch of personal Marilyn Monroe pictures and negatives: Joe DiMaggio's sister lived here in Santa Cruz and they visited ( at least once) and whoever they knew in Santa Cruz besides his sister , or perhaps it was someone who drove up here with them , was a photographer.... some of his stuff actually landed out at the Santa Cruz Flea market , but I don't think there was any Marilyn stuff......

judy and Vintage Maven like this.
  12. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

13. Vintage Maven

@Firemandk I did pretty good in the pricing of the one that I just bought, I obtained mine for less than half of the online gallery price, through that fine art dealer, in California. I’m pretty happy & very grateful about that. I maintain a good reputation in the art buying community, which is always helpful. ❤️Maven

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted