Marine magazine

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by rknarr2, Mar 5, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

My step dad was a marine during Vietnam War. He then went into Marine Reserves when he lived in Texas. When his mom decided to move back to West Virginia, my step dad decided to have his family move to West Virginia, too. Since West Virginia did not have Marine Reserves, his time in the Marines would not could toward military served, and so, he joined the West Virginia National Guard. He retired after serving 21 years and he past away a couple of years after retiring from WV Dept. of Natural Resources.
    My mom and I have been going through his things and have been down sizing not only his things but other ancestors things that my mom and my step dad have accumulated. I can not find information about this magazine called Marine in ebay. I hope someone can give me some information about it. For example, was this a recruiting magazine or a regular magazine? Thank you for assistance in this request. Regards, Rob
    IMG_8074small.JPG IMG_8076small.JPG IMG_8077small.JPG IMG_8075small.JPG

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It looks like a recruiting piece. Somewhere it should include name of publisher, etc. Have you looked?

Debora

3. rknarr2

No, I will look further. Thank you. Robert

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Let us know what you find. You might want to also do an internet image search to see if a match for the cover comes up.

Debora

i need help likes this.
  5. rknarr2

Inside last page says in the right bottom corner NAVMC 7070 and there is also a post card that has in the top left corner an address Department of the Navy, Headquarters U.S. Marine Corps, Washington, D.C.20380, Official Business and free postage in the top right corner. I suspect NAVMC might mean Navy Marine Corps not sure about the 7070. On the back of the post card says If you have not yet talked to a Marine representative and would like further information about the Marine Corps. call the recruiting station or mail this card today. After that, there are a series of personal questions. Rob

6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

7. rknarr2

Thank you. That is it. Although this listing is wrong about being a poster in its title, the description says the following: This listing of for a vintage 1960-1970's USMC Navy Marine Corps Advertising Recruitment Booklet/Pamphlet. The book measures 11" by 13.75"and is printed on heavy weight paper with a glossy finish. The photos are large enough to use as posters (that's what my Uncle did). 32 pages of high quality photos. Normal wear and tear. Please view photos before bidding.

yourturntoloveit and i need help like this.
  8. rknarr2

I could not figure out how to do an internet image search
    Rob

9. i need help

So you can follow that auction. :)
    I don’t know how to do image search either. :confused:

10. rknarr2

That is why I replied to Debora about image search. Yes, I will follow that ebay auction on ebay. Rob

11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Internet image search...

Easy to do. Just Google "Google image search" and it will take you to a Google Images page that has a search bar with a camera icon. Click on the icon to upload an image, following simple steps, and it will bring up "Visually Similar Images." Click on link and you'll find matches (or not.)

Caveat: This is how I go about doing it. Someone else may be thinking "You idiot. It's much easier just to..."

Debora

12. i need help

Thank you, Debora!

13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

We thank your StepDad for his service !!!!

14. rknarr2

Thank you, Debora!

15. rknarr2

If he was here, he would have appreciated your thank yous. Thank you.
    Rob

16. rknarr2

Here he was in his Marine dress uniform when he was in his later teens. Rob

Attached Files:

17. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

18. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

1960s-1970s correct. Not sure how interested you are in narrowing down date. Five digit zip code tells us its post-1963.

Debora

yourturntoloveit and Bakersgma like this.
  19. Arl08

Arl08 New Member

Robert, I was wondering if you still have this magazine. It’s actually my father on the cover. I would definitely be willing to purchase from you.

rknarr2, Debora and i need help like this.
  20. i need help

Welcome @Arl08
    It’s best for you to private message regarding purchasing. Click the persons profile, you will get a popup. In blue it will say “start a conversation”
    How nice I hope it works out! :)

Arl08 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted