Featured Mark on German porcelain demitasse

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by drg642, Dec 29, 2021.

1. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Pretty little demitasse cup and saucer, all hand painted I believe. The first mark shown is on the cup, and it is a gilt blob (stemmed fruit?) covering a green Tettau mark, and a crown over D in blue. The saucer has the same markings, but the gilt is lighter so you can see the green mark under the gilt. The last 2 photos show the saucer mark, tilted differently into the light.
    So, I don't know what to make of the gilt blob. I am guessing the company that decorated this purchased blanks from Tettau? Then they added their own gilt blob and crown over D mark?
    From what I see on-line the decorator could be Helena Wolfsohn, or some other Dresden maker. I saw Karl-Heinz Klette also mentioned as using this mark, and others, but with a 5-pronged crown. Can anyone point me in the right direction for determining the maker? Thanks.
    acc1.JPG acc2.JPG acc3.JPG acc4.JPG acc5.JPG

judy, Any Jewelry, dude and 2 others like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Maybe the gilt mark is the importer?

dude likes this.
  3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Very attractive.

Decorated by a third party. The gold mark was meant to obliterate the mark of the manufacturer of the porcelain as that was not considered important. Decorators could combine pieces from different manufacturers in a given set. The hand drawn mark will be that of the decorator.

4. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

5. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

6. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted