Market on my Pokemon cards has gone to hell, so someone buy these antiques off me!

Discussion in 'Sell' started by Doot Boi, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Doot Boi

Doot Boi Well-Known Member

Hello!

As some of you know, I used to make my living selling Pokemon cards. Well, recently the market has gotten to a point where new stock costs more than selling it would bring. So here I am, selling some of my antiques/older vintages to scrape by! Everything is for sale on a Make an Offer basis (meaning make me an offer, maybe I'll accept, maybe I'll counter offer.) When the price is figured out, I will then message you an invoice, including shipping charges. All orders must be paid through PayPal. More will be added as I pull more out for sale, and get photos.

16137755246182242504927344236280_50.jpg 16137755587902722814988260946115_50.jpg
    Vintage metal shaded lamp. Requires a new harp. Unknown maker (help appreciated in any tips). 16137756934476731571012202198778_50.jpg

16137756301858773781720844845060_50.jpg

Vintage Sheffield silver plated Goblet (Trophy?) dated 1966. Engraving says N.W.D.A Las Vegas 1966. (Any info is greatly appreciated.)

2. Doot Boi

16137762170478140865212636209283_50.jpg 16137762731966583356181763145274_50.jpg

Vintage EPNS Indian teapot, missing lid. Very tarnished, but well in simplistic decorive factors.

judy likes this.
  3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Doot Boi, I don't want to discourage you, but I don't believe that trying to sell these particular three items here is going to provide much financial assistance to you.

The lamp, typical of 1960's-1970's toleware, will likely be too expensive to ship to make it worthwhile for you or the buyer. There are lots of vintage tole lamps available, and I don't think most of them are very popular these days.
    Also, your lamp is not missing a harp, but rather a glass hurricane, along the lines of the one on the lamp shown here:
    vtg toleware lamp.jpg
    (photo above is from Pinterest, with a dead link)

Having to replace the glass, then pack and ship it, too, would likely not be cost effective.

As for the other 2 items:

1) The NWDA cordial glass or brandy snifter (depending on size) appears to be from Sheridan Silver Co, not Sheffield. It is silver plated.
    My best guess is that it was a souvenir or give away for participants at a business meeting or convention of some sort held in Las Vegas in 1966.
    You may or may not be able to figure out which NWDA organization presented it. (I did a preliminary search and wasn't able to narrow it down, but I don't think it's worth spending much time investigating it.)
    The item is silver plated and made by a middle-of-the-road American company. As such, it likely holds little monetary value. (Perhaps a member of whatever NWDA organization is represented by the engraving would be interested in having it, but as far as I know, that's about its only real market.)

2) The teapot has a nice shape to it, and someone might want it as a decor item (for a flower display, maybe?) but I doubt anyone would pay much for it. Without the lid, it is not particularly useful.
    Again, this is a silver plated item, and with few exceptions, the vast majority of standard plated wares simply do not command high prices. I cannot read the maker's mark shown in your photo, but I am assuming this was not from a high-end manufacturer. Certain companies' items do hold their value better than others, but I don't think that's the case with this one.

Doot Boi, as I said earlier, I don't want to be discouraging, but I can't see that selling the three items you've shown here is going to be financially worthwhile.

Aside from Pokemon cards, are there any other types of "collectibles" that interest you, personally? Maybe it's time to find a new category or two in which you can specialize - something you can study, learn well, and actually enjoy. That can make a big difference when you're trying to sell!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    Hamburger, i need help and judy like this.
  4. Doot Boi

Well, silver plate was what really drew me in. I cant really think of much I can afford, that *might* be able to affordable anymore. Welp, looks like I might be kinda screwed then!

judy likes this.
  5. Doot Boi

Thank you so much for the help though!

Draft saved Draft deleted