MARLIN ROUGE POSTER IS A PAINTING! HELP WITH ARTIST'S NAME?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Sep 11, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

At a local thrift store today I found this piece + a 1980 NY moma Picasso 3 dancers exhibition poster + a 1977 Leroy Neiman litho - all for $30!
    When I got home & started checking them to see if original or copies, I notice the Marlin Rouge "poster" was actually a painting! I double checked with a magnifying glass and it is indeed a painting.
    It is signed AL with a little symbol (behind the man, lower back)- does anyone know who the artist was/is?
    Thank you.
    AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING MARLIN ROUGE 1A.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING MARLIN ROUGE 2AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING MARLIN ROUGE 3AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING MARLIN ROUGE 4AA.jpg

judy and Joshua Brown like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

upload_2018-9-11_18-36-53.jpeg

yours is a nice rendition of the Lautrec ...

i need help, aaroncab, judy and 5 others like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Wasnt it the mid to late 70s when these were all the rage? A very competent copy,you may never know who did it.

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I love Lautrec & still have, somewhere, a reproduction, either Jane Avril or Yvette Guilbert, on canvas, acquired in the very early 70s. Could not have cost much as I would not have been able to afford it.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    i need help, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Marlin Rouge. I love spellcheck. I'm sure you wrote Moulin. I turned my spellcheck off.

i need help and janetpjohn like this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I turned my phone's spellcheck / autocorrect off, too. I'd rather make my own typos. And do!

Draft saved Draft deleted