Mary Vickers painting? Also, help w/painting signature + w/stamped name - paper co. name?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, May 23, 2023.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Hi all
    This first painting I've had for awhile & came across it again while going through some art to give to a neighbor (to make a little room for new art I've bought!). I believe it is by Mary Vickers; the signature looks the same as one I saw on invaluable. But many of her works there are lithographs & the painting I found had an estimate of only 200 - 400, but I couldn't see any realized prices because I am not a member, but while I saw some of her work on eBay none have sold.
    Is this worth keeping & selling or should I give it to my neighbor & make space for a new find?

The 2nd one I think is a watercolor and I can not make out the artist's name; can anyone tell me who it was? (I see maybe Vernor Rott 69?).
    There is also a 2nd name that I'm thinking is the maker of the paper the painting is on? Can anyone tell what that is?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

ART PAINTING VICKERS 1AA.jpg ART PAINTING VICKERS 2AA.jpg ART PAINTING VICKERS 5AA.jpg ART PAINTING VERNOR BEACH GRASS BA.jpg ART PAINTING VERNOR BEACH GRASS CA.jpg ART PAINTING VERNOR BEACH GRASS DA.jpg ART PAINTING VERNOR BEACH GRASS FA.jpg
    ART PAINTING VERNOR BEACH GRASS JA.jpg

johnnycb09 likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That does appear to be the work of Mary Vickers. A rather nice example and an early (1960s) one as most of her work floating around the internet is 1970s and highly commercial. Given that... Are you sure yours is a painting? I ask because I only see multiples including lots of plates.

Debora

5fca6be6e3dec2602d6b586d.jpg

sabre123 likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The first name on the second one is "Vernon."

Debora

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Agree.
    Last name could be Romney?

5. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

That watermark looks like D'ARCHES, but I've never seen an Arches watermark like that.

6. Antiquefab

Antiquefab Well-Known Member

Think the artist of your second painting may be Vernon Rollins, artist from Virginia.Could not find any watercolours by him,mostly oils and acrylics.But maybe you will be able to find more info on him.

journeymagazine likes this.
  7. Antiquefab

Antiquefab Well-Known Member

Watermark reads Arches Torchon,so maybe the painting is acrylic on paper.

8. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted