Maryland Vietnam War Stories

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by springfld.arsenal, Jun 19, 2016.

1. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Here are links to three excellent Vietnam War documentaries just recently released by Maryland Public TV. Hit "watch now" for each hour-long segment. http://vietnam.mpt.org/home/

Brenda Anna and KingofThings like this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

>Of all the things I watch I just can't seem to get to the point of watching anything on Vietnam. If anyone I knew directly was lost there I don't know of it. I do know a sniper with 4 Purple Hearts. He didn't want to be a sniper...he showed off his shooting in boot camp and bingo.
    >The owner of the last sign shop I worked for was a helo mechanic in country. Nothing to work on? You're a door gunner today...
    >I am a Vietnam 'Era' veteran, I was in the last draft but it technically ended when I was in boot camp in San Diego.
    >In Pearl Harbor I worked on ships returning that were shot up. One took a rocket down the stack and killed men. :(
    >Whatever holds me back I was recently in DC and could not bring myself to go to 'The Wall'. :(
    >I did go to the WWII Memorial, Lone Sailor and Arlington Nat'l to watch the changing of the guard and also saw a caisson procession.
    >The guard had to stop and address someone who was laughing...he beat me to it.
    That was all I could take especially with the massive lack of respect I see today for our country, flag and those who serve...their families as well. :(
    The VA debacles are disheartening as well though I've been well taken care of.
    >Thank you out there to those who have served as well as your families and friends. Today, and every day, please think of the women and men who have served and are serving...especially the Mom's and Dads who are away or injured or lost to us all. :(
    Sincerely, Milt
    p.s. sorry...all I wanted to write were the first 2 lines but then...
    ~
    Navy Seal. The greatest gifts a Father can give his child is love and protection.jpg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    cxgirl, SBSVC, lloyd249 and 3 others like this.
  3. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

This trilogy is distinguished by each of the three "phases" or films are broken down into chapters by function of the forces shown. This helps viewers understand how the massive operation worked. This was helpful for me too, and having been involved at the time, you'd think I wouldn't need that, but the War was incredibly complex militarily, politically, and on other levels. I have some war stories of my own but mostly keep them to myself and chalk them up to how the experiences have helped me understand the world.

cxgirl, SBSVC and KingofThings like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted