Masonic book

Discussion in 'Books' started by prestoncohunter, Jun 25, 2019.

1. prestoncohunter

prestoncohunter Well-Known Member

Any and all information is welcome. Not being a Mason, don't know if these are uncommon or "dime a dozen".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think the date on the stamp reads 1891 or possibly 92. Piedmont, West Virginia is a small town in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia
    [​IMG]

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I bet the chapter on Hieroglyphics is interesting and might be worth copying before selling the book.

yourturntoloveit, Fid and komokwa like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i think that would be a good read....and valuable info...

4. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Jivvy likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Figtree3 and yourturntoloveit like this.
  6. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Jivvy, you can ask me anything. Personally, I just don't like to see Masonic materials bought and sold on the open market. The Masonic heritage is so long and the items associated with it are so valued by their members.

Debora

8. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Thank you. I get it -- I don't feel that way about Masonic items, but it's almost exactly how I feel about family photos with names on them.

Fid likes this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Exactly. There are just things that belong where they belong IMHO.

Debora

yourturntoloveit and Jivvy like this.
  10. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

just imagine once if all the old bibles were given back to the different churches ? they'd need store houses - endlessly.

11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Old bibles not included on my list of "just things."

Debora

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  12. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

that's very individual, isn't it. I'd rather take Nietzsche's Zarathustra to my island.:)

13. prestoncohunter

prestoncohunter Well-Known Member

Understand trying to return some things. We stumbled across a WW2 Red Cross Certificate to a lady and we have searched high and low for surviving family members with no luck. It had been rolled up and is still in good shape, so I have framed it but still keep an eye out for any of her family.

As far as this book, not sure what my plans are for it. If that lodge was still active I would probably return it to them, but since it's not I'm just not sure.

Jivvy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted