Maybe Strangest Giveaway Ever?

Discussion in 'Give Aways' started by i need help, Aug 17, 2021.

1. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Anyone who uses a portable oxygen concentrator?
    I have roughly 50 individually wrapped 4 Ft. Universal Cannulas.

Fits Inogen, but is Universal.
    B37045AD-9554-49E1-807A-5F809548D2F2.jpeg 61A4BB1C-6BCE-4383-BD7A-8FF531917DBD.jpeg
    You can Private Message me if you can use these. I'll divide up to anyone replying by next Wednesday.

KSW, Figtree3, lovewrens and 9 others like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

strange enuf !!!!;):wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky:

i need help likes this.
  3. i need help

Insurance only covers a set amount. These were purchased. I just thought if anyone is in that position, it could help.

If no one replies, I’ll find somewhere to donate them.

KSW, bluumz, Figtree3 and 2 others like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't know what to do with them if I had them, but if all else fails there are crafters out there who'd be all over them.

KSW likes this.
  5. i need help

What would crafters do with them @evelyb30?

KSW likes this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've seen jewelry made with them before. The tubes, minus the ends, that is. If they were filled with red and green beads they might make a one of a kind Christmas wreath too. I'm sure there are other things.

KSW and i need help like this.
  7. i need help

Interesting

KSW likes this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The Almoner's Warehouse at your local Masonic Temple may welcome them. They offer medical equipment free of charge to anyone in need for as long as it's needed.

Debora

KSW, DizzyDaff, Figtree3 and 3 others like this.
  9. i need help

Thank you, Debora.
    If no one here needs these, I’ll look them up.

10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'd be asking a primary teacher if they wanted them. You'd be amazed what schools do with stuff.

KSW, Figtree3 and i need help like this.
  11. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I used to work in home care and I remember a patient who used his old cannulas and tubing to tie up his tomato plants!

Many communities have senior centers with medical equipment "closets". If no one here has use for them, that could be an option.

KSW, Bakersgma, bercrystal and 2 others like this.
  12. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Our fire department has a room of medical equipment to borrow..stuff like walkers, etc (durable medical equipemnt). Not sure about this kind of stuff. Heard our local veterans home sometimes takes things too!

KSW, DizzyDaff and i need help like this.
  13. i need help

Thank you all for the leads! So far no one on the Forum has PMed me. I appreciate all the ideas, I'll find a place where they will be put to good use. :)

KSW and bercrystal like this.
  14. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Over here, some pharmacies collect and aggregate up equipment to go to developing countries.

KSW, bercrystal and i need help like this.
  15. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

HA!! I got OUT of the habit of checking the GIVE AWAY Forum (or even giving anything away, sadly.....need to get back INTO that habit!!!!) DH sleeps with an oxygen concentrator !! But such is as it happens!!!

komokwa likes this.
  16. i need help

Does he use this size cannula? I still have some.

komokwa likes this.
  17. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

At only 4 foot long, he'd better not roll over! ;) But if he has extension tubing and connectors, they could work.
    They were originally intended for use with a portable oxygen concentrator (the kind that you carry on your shoulder).

18. Aquitaine

@i need help, his say 7', 2.1m.....don't know if yours being partly in French has anything to do with that, but I found one still unopened, Think it's his last before he needs to re-order, but he also washes them (being an Irish Frugal guy!!!) but, should post here O.K.....these ARE 7' long, to which when he first started using the oxygen, the Dr wanted him on it 24/7, so he has miles of tubing that he used to use in the house, and PLENTY to roll over in bed with!!!!!:happy::happy::joyful::joyful:

PSX_20220124_202643.jpg
    Not to worry if the wrong size....he can always get his from a handy Med Supply house, and fortunately, they ARE covered!!! AND I DID MISS SEEING the word "PORTABLE" mentioned in your heading!!!! SORRY!!!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    bluumz likes this.
  19. Aquitaine

And in looking around, I'm not the only one who's been too busy doing other things to post on the "Give Away Forum".........wow....check out the dates!!! :p:smuggrin::happy::bag::joyful::playful:

20. i need help

These are 4 feet. I found a woman in my development with an oxygen concentrator, but she only took 5.

You can ask hubby if he can use them and PM me.

Draft saved Draft deleted