Featured McCoy Basket - 1957?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bakersgma, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Picked up this piece at a garage sale this morning to add to my "green pottery" collection. I found several (although only in brown or yellow) on eBay and 2 of the sellers gave a circa 1957 date. If anyone has a period catalog that can confirm that, I would appreciate it.

McCoy Basket 1.jpg

Aquitaine, Figtree3, Niko and 6 others like this.
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't have any information for you but wanted to say that is a nice looking piece, love the colour:)

3. Bakersgma

Thanks! I'm very partial to green.

Ghopper1924, cxgirl and KingofThings like this.
  4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

My McCoy book shows this style but I don't know about the color. They show 1958.

img20170813_103933.jpg img20170813_103804.jpg

KentWhirled, Figtree3, Niko and 3 others like this.
  5. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Sanford's says 1958.

Figtree3, Bakersgma and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Bakersgma

That's it, SIS. Ivory with green spray! (Since I didn't show the inside, I can understand your hesitation. Just realized that I had not resized that picture. Will edit this reply to add it.) And thank you, too, janet!

McCoy Basket Inside.jpg

Aquitaine, Figtree3 and pearlsnblume like this.
  7. Niko

Niko Member

Really nice basket! It looks the same style/it has the same feeling as the last one you had, greenish, in the shape of a flower (to me it looked like an artichoke) :)

Bakersgma likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted