Featured McCoy Onyx vase - etched!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Feb 15, 2020.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

I've had this one a long time, can't quite figure out what it's worth and where to market it. I think it's beautiful though. Mccoy Onyx Etched Vase.JPG Mccoy Onyx Etched Vase2.JPG Mccoy Onyx Etched Vase4.JPG

Etched or engraved on it in the swirly, embellished script of the era is Birthday Greetings 1934. Seems to me there were a few around some years back but I haven't found any recently. @Joe2007 this would be one for your McCoy thread but figured I'd kick it out and see what anyone can tell me about it.

Thanks, Linda

Joe2007, stracci, ulilwitch and 6 others like this.
  2. dude

dude Well-Known Member

Brown Glazed Brush McCoy 050, I think. Clueless on the birthday and date part. Have you tried these folks? https://mccoypotterycollectorssociety.org/mccoy-question-forum/

3. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Didn't you post this piece before, and found some other pieces etched with the same year?

~Cheryl

dude, ulilwitch, Figtree3 and 2 others like this.
  4. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

That is very pretty. I would have never thought that this vase was a McCoy.

dude likes this.
  5. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Wow! I've personally never seen anything like it. Does stylistically have a "Brush" look to it.

dude likes this.
  6. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

dude likes this.
  7. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Well, thanks everyone! @DragonflyWink , guess I have forgotten things I should remember. Oh, my teflon brain! Thanks for that link @dude , I'll check that out!

Linda

Draft saved Draft deleted