mcm dresser available

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Atlantic Jim, May 23, 2019.

1. Atlantic Jim

Atlantic Jim Active Member

Hey guys I could score this gem for $30 locally. It has no maker mark according to present owner. I'd like it purely for resale. Could anyone offer an idea as to who manufactured it. What would you guess it's retail value to be?

Attached Files:

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Not that I know anything about manufacturer, but is the surface laminate or wood? Those with more furniture knowledge will probably want to know.

judy likes this.
  3. Atlantic Jim

Good point. Was described as not solid wood but veneered panels and pine drawers

judy likes this.
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

PhotoPictureResizer_190523_112843225_crop_1440x1396.jpg

It's a fun looking piece, and if it was for your own use and in good condition with drawers working smoothly, I'd jump on it at $30.

If not from a collected maker I'm sure you could make some money for resale, but not much, and some work to do that. Picking up the piece, storing it, etc.

If someone recognizes the maker, value would be different.

That the seller knew to say "no maker's mark" implies they have possibly done some research already.

Hold on, there might be additional replies.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Also, if not a known maker, someone would have a field day painting this. Imagine the possibilities!

(If not a painted furniture enthusiast, please forgive me!)

judy likes this.
  6. Atlantic Jim

I am a painted furniture enthusiast. I actually just trash picked a large hutch type thing I want to paint and use as a display

judy likes this.
  7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Comments based on my Midwest market: Pretty good buy for $30.00. Could probably at least triple your money if no major damage and can be spruced up to good condition. If needs painting, could probably make a bit more.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted