MCM tension pole lamp with pottery shades - Maker?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, Jul 6, 2019.

1. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Picked up this tension pole lamp from a local estate. First pic is of it in-situ at the house. It is about 9 ft. tall and, as can be seen, was mounted with a sloped ceiling. It will also mount to a flat ceiling. I have found similar with the disk at top with plug-in shades but no one seems to know maker. I found none with pottery shades. Any idea who made this? Source of the pottery? Thought maybe Stangl but can find no confirmation.

polelamp.jpg polelamp2.JPG polelamp3.JPG polelamp4.JPG

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    aaroncab likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

3. verybrad

judy likes this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

I was hoping Janet might know the pottery, since you thought it might be Stangl.

verybrad likes this.
  5. verybrad

Could also be Haeger but have found no evidence that they used the gold on the black like this. I suppose for a special commission they would do anything. Wonder if I should post the shades on PGP?

judy likes this.
  6. clutteredcloset49

Maybe ask davey or book for the thread to be moved to PGP.

Draft saved Draft deleted