Meissen

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bredasdorp, Feb 26, 2021.

1. bredasdorp

bredasdorp New Member

2b.jpg Mocha cup and saucer. See emblem. Cup 40mm high, 55mm dia. Saucer 105 diam
    Your comment please and,if possible, timeperiod and price range.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2021
    judy likes this.
  2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Hard to tell quality from the one photo provided, can't see the details.
    I'm easily finding similar on the internet, claiming mid-19th century and the blue flowers are being called forget-me-nots.
    This one sold on ebay like yours for $195 US. (Some multi-color floral ones sold for $400-500. They appear to be more desirable.)

judy and komokwa like this.
  3. Eric Haefli

Eric Haefli Active Member

While I cannot say which is more common, I have seen more multi-colored cups and saucers by Meissen in this style than single-color ones. Maybe more people prefer multi-colored, but I think your cup and saucer looks better than the multi-colored ones.

For purpose of comparison, I bought a pink-colored one at auction in 2013 for $316. I did not think I got a "deal" at the time, but thought it was a fair auction price. Cup is 75mm diameter x 50mm high. The saucer is 140mm in diameter, so slightly bigger than yours.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted