Featured Men's Animal fur vest

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by billyd3us, Oct 7, 2017.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

I got this today from a lady who was selling her deceased fathers stuff. He was in the USMC in the late 50's to around the early 80's.
    This was one of his vest. I always feel sorrow for people when they tell me about one of their family members who has passed. I always say a prayer in my head, then proceed to look for more stuff but, with some guilt.
    Just wanna know, what kind of animal is this from ?

Thank You 071.JPG 072.JPG 075.JPG 073.JPG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Sheared sheep skin.....or wool !!
    a nice western style cut off vest.

3. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Agree-shearling vest.

4. billyd3us

cool, Thanks Komokwa.

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I also say a prayer when I get things from people who've passed away. And say comforting words when children sell some of their mother's cherished items for her when she has to move to a care home. I know that can be heart-breaking.
    But you don't have to feel guilty, it is not your fault, and the money always comes in handy for the people selling it.

6. billyd3us

Thank You Any Jewelry, that eases me a little now. Nice to know you do the same thing..

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I hope the car fix is an easy one , Billy !!

8. billyd3us

Thank You, it was. Loose battery cable only...

9. AJefferson

AJefferson Well-Known Member

You shouldn't feel bad about buying from those who are selling things from someone that has passed. As long as you don't take advantage of them (and your history shows you don't) then no guilt. Plus you take them and resell them to other people that want to have them so it is not sitting there rotting into nothing. So in a sense you are passing on a legacy.

10. AJefferson

AJefferson Well-Known Member

Ok, so am I the only one that had bad 70s theme music go off in my head when the picture of that vest popped up?

11. billyd3us

Okay Thanks. Good point..

12. billyd3us

Haha, that's cool..

13. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Sort of like the theme from McLeod?

14. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

For ALL>>>
    NOW is the time to go after your battery and cables.
    Disconnect and clean the posts and them.
    Get and use those green and red rings on the posts. Yes I know some say they are BS. They've been fine for me since they came out years ago so...
    ~
    Make sure the cables are tight, and clean, to the starter or wherever they go.
    Make sure they are clear of moving parts, fan, belt...etc.
    Make sure the battery is full.
    If not take it/the car, to someone and get it done and check the charging system while there. Most auto parts stores do this free.
    ~
    PROTECT YOUR EYES!!!
    Keep your hands off your clothes.
    ~
    If you can do it, and it is NOT 'sealed' (they really aren't!) get some DISTILLED water from the grocer...
    Pop the caps if it has them.
    Start the car, fill the battery, replace the caps and drive it a bit.
    If your car has a charging gauge (like my truck does) check it often.
    Have fun! :)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  15. billyd3us

Awesome KingofThings, Thanks for that advice man, I will do all that, Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. Going to go it out now..

AJefferson and KingofThings like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted