Messien rich yellow dragon pottery?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Hippyhippy, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Hippyhippy

Hippyhippy New Member

Hi, I picked up this plate today and have been trying to find info online. It 'seems' to be a Messien rich yellow dragon dish.....but I cannot find another one anywhere! I can find another bowl of the same shape....different design. I can find other plates with what appear to be the same design in the centre.....but as I can't find the same dish, I haven't seen any with the same design round edges. I have photos but due to file being too large, I can only post a couple atm. 20181022_155322-1.jpg 20181022_155409.jpg
    It has the crossed swords on the back but from my (very limited) knowledge, I don't know if it is missing embossed numbers on the back? It has some numbers written in gold but they don't help me at all.
    If anyone is able to help me out, I would be most grateful :)

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

You need to resize your photos. Are you using a pc or smartphone?

Christmasjoy and Hippyhippy like this.
  3. Hippyhippy

Hippyhippy New Member

I have tried resizing main one. I can do it on laptop but more difficult from phone. ....here goes ☺ Screenshot_2018-10-22-17-37-21-1.png

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Nice job on the photos. I’m sure someone who can help will be along. If you don’t get responses shortly, please make sure to check back on your post, responses can come at any time. :)

Christmasjoy and Hippyhippy like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Sure looks "right", but what do I know? Meissen makes pieces that shape, the mark looks good and those numbers are central European. It will take an expert to say for certain.

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

9. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I'm not coming up with the same dish either so far. All the yellow dragon dishes have dragons that are very long. How big is your dish?

Hippyhippy likes this.
  10. Hippyhippy

Hippyhippy New Member

My dish is slightly different from the one shown in that the dragons on the side are not as ornate. The one in the middle is the same....but I am not sure about the edge ones.
    My dish is about 25cm in length. Going by the picture in the link provided above, it would be the smallest of the three oval platters (I think)
    The other thing that seems to be missing is.....from what I have gathered, genuine meissen has indented numbers on the base.....this doesn't. It only has painted.

I think I have myself a good fake......but at £1 from a junk shop, I don't mind too much! It would have been nice if it were genuine though!

Draft saved Draft deleted