Featured Metal candle holder hangy thing?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by M_J, Aug 16, 2018.

1. M_J

M_J New Member

Hi all, new member here, Matt.

I've been lurking in the shadows for a while now and finally plucked up the courage to step forward into the light and dip my toe into the world of antiques. I'm coming from a slightly different angle than many of you but I'll explain more later :bag:

I've been trying to identify a chandelier from an old photo for some time now but to no avail. I'm no expert in antiques and even less in metal candle holder hangy things, so I find myself here.

this is the only photo...

Chandelier.jpg

Any info regarding this wonderful piece would be greatly appreciated. The only info I have is that it was hanging in the drawing room of an old hall in Wales around 1820, unfortunately the house burnt down and no records kept about this fantastic chandelier.
    I don't know if it's French or Italian, what material it's made from...I know nothing.

Fingers crossed some eagle-eye experts can help me uncover some more info.

Here's hoping.

2. Shangas

Shangas Underage Antiques Collector and Historian

It's definitely a chandelier. Probably gilt brass or bronze. But that's just a guess.

3. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

I'm fairly new to this, but to me, it looks like a French Rococo Revival piece.

judy, M_J, Christmasjoy and 1 other person like this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I also think French Rococo. Finding another exactly like this will be next to impossible.

M_J, Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

6. M_J

M_J New Member

Many thanks folks, some nice info.
    Thanks a million @verybrad I've just had a look at the link you sent and it's sent me on a new path. Much appreciated sir! ;)

7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

We do hope so! :)

Welcome, @M_J !

M_J likes this.
  8. M_J

M_J New Member

:eek::bag:

9. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

... When you are ready. No hurry. :angelic::)

M_J likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted