Metal seashell

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by jeasta, May 29, 2018.

1. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

Hello again I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this seashell sculpture or paperweight? I thought it was really cool but I'm not sure how to even look for information on it. I believe it to be vintage, but I do not know what metal it is. It is very slightly magnetic but the magnet won't stick to it for long. It is 7" wide and 3" tall. Anyone have any ideas for me?

IMG_20180529_200722-3024x2268.jpg IMG_20180529_200733-2268x3024.jpg IMG_20180529_200758-3024x2268.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Here's a brass spider shell decoration. Not sure what the metal of yours would be to have any iron in it.

[​IMG]

jeasta likes this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I seem to recall we had a brass or bronze seashell here not too long ago. I believe the conclusion was recently made in India. Someone else will remember....

Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  4. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

Thanks AJ. I'm hoping someone will have some idea about it. I thought it was cool and got it for a very reasonable price, but I'm not sure how to describe it or what to price it. It doesn't seem to have the color of brass, but I don't know what color metal it is either.

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

Also I didn't mean to write that message in bold. :wacky:That's what happens when I'm working on my phone.

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

I thought it was rather a bold statement.:hilarious::hilarious:

Christmasjoy, komokwa and jeasta like this.
  7. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

I remember that post too, but I can’t find it. I ran “search” and I checked in metalware.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  8. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

9. Any Jewelry

Thanks. No mention of India. My mind must be spending too much time in Asia.;)

10. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Might be pewter, or aluminum casting.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  11. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@jeasta, that's a really neat shell!!! I did a bit of editing on it and I think I see some letters on the inside where I've circled.....maybe you can see better.....to me....from left to right....looks like an L R ...5 or S in the middle then a C on the right.......that's all I see.....maybe others will see something different to really mix it up!!!!! Good Luck!!

zzzIMG_20180529aaa.jpg

jeasta likes this.
  12. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

I took a close up picture of that area and I'm not sure if there is anything or not. Do you think it would have been ground down that much? IMG_20180530_162840-2016x1512.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

bold is fine...caps though...all caps...is not !! :)

Christmasjoy and jeasta like this.