Mexican Silver Jewelry - Mystery Mark

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KikoBlueEyes, Nov 25, 2019.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

This Mexican Silver necklace and bracelet are similar but have different silver content 950 versus 925. Therefore, I assume they were assembled later by the donor to create a set. The necklace has a Taxco Mark on the back of the pendant, but a different mark on the clasp. From what I learned from my last two posts, I figure the necklace was made by a Taxco artist with a last name starting with "M" and is the 181 silversmith with that initial or is the 181 person on the tax roll. The mystery mark on the clasp is different from the mark on the pendant. Thus my question. Does it add additional information?
    The last three pictures show the bracelet. The bracelet is 925 silver but has no artist mark. Any help will be appreciated. IMG_4498.jpg IMG_4508.JPG IMG_4506.JPG IMG_4503.JPG IMG_4497.JPG IMG_4501.JPG IMG_4500.JPG

BMRT and komokwa like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice !!!!

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you.

komokwa likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i bought stuff like this for my ex...mid 80's.

5. KikoBlueEyes

That’s sounds right for the stamp. I like it’s seeming simplicity but it is actually rather complex

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted