Mexico .925 Nice Bracelet w/Horseshoe Hallmark?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by thefathand, Nov 4, 2017.

1. thefathand

thefathand Active Member

Hey friends,
    I hope this post works out for me, since my other two went haywire. I'm wondering if anyone here has ever come across a horseshoe hallmark and which company or silversmith used it? More information please? s-l1925Mexwavedesign3600.jpg s-l1925Mexwavedesign2600.jpg s-l1925Mexwavedesign600.jpg s-l1.925Mexwavedesign1600.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Very nice bracelet. Shows some influence of Spratling jewellery, but it is not by Spratling. Many Spratling pieces were inspired by pre-Columbian designs.
    I don't know the mark, and an internet search hasn't come up with anything. I'd have to delve into a book, but my brain won't cooperate right now.

judy likes this.
  3. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

Maybe Taxco ?

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

is that a horse shoe...or a man wearing headgear...

5. Any Jewelry

William Spratling was certainly based in Taxco, so that is where the Spratling style evolved.
    Taxco is the most famous silvertown, but not the only. Since it is not marked Taxco or T, we will only know the provenance if someone finds the horse shoe mark.

6. thefathand

thefathand Active Member

Yeah, I resemble that remark. :D No worries, just thought I would ask. I bought a much nicer bracelet than the one above, I'll show it in just a minute. How many pics can be posted, is 5 the total? Anyone?

7. Any Jewelry

I think 10, but I'm not sure.

8. komokwa

9. thefathand

thefathand Active Member

Ok, I'm gonna show you the new bracelet I bought off ebay and it weighs 62gr., well, a little less now. I had to have it sized so I had to pay out of pocket but I like it and I wear it almost daily. Here it is, sellers pics!
    s-l1.925Mexinlaidwithstones5600.jpg s-l1.925Mexinlaidwithstones7 600.jpg s-l1.925Mexinlaidwithstones6 600.jpg s-l1.925Mexinlaidwithstones4600.jpg s-l1.925Mexinlaidwithstones8 600.jpg s-l1.925Mexinlaidwithstones10 600.jpg s-l1.925Mexinlaidwithstones3600.jpg s-l1.925Mexinlaidwithstones2600.jpg s-l1.925Mexinlaidwithstones1600.jpg

Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. Any Jewelry

Very nice, love the Modernist style inlay. The links are vaguely influenced by Spratling designs.
    The mark is a post-1980 Taxco mark.

11. komokwa

was it made for The Rock !!!

12. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

More like the Hulk! It might have been made as an ankle bracelet.

Draft saved Draft deleted