Featured Mexico Sterling Silver Id Help?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by thefathand, Feb 23, 2019.

1. thefathand

thefathand Active Member

Anyone know who made this Roadrunner brooch? I'm about to list it on the bay and I need some help with this guy. Anyone know? IMG_9382.JPG IMG_9373.JPG IMG_7816.JPG IMG_7820.JPG

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

scoutshouse, Kimbert and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

thefathand, can you read the number in the eagle mark? That could give us something to go on. I hope.

scoutshouse and Kimbert like this.
  4. thefathand

thefathand Active Member

Hi Any Jewelry,
    Good to see you! ;) I can't, it's way too small and my wife's no help cause her eye sight is worse than mine! :D The number just looks like a smiley face to me! :D appreciated!

scoutshouse and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

It looks like a 4 to me, but the photo is not very good :(

scoutshouse likes this.
  7. Any Jewelry

I thought I saw a 4 as well, but can't find the maker's mark in the list of eagle 4 marks.:(

scoutshouse likes this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I saw a 4 too. A lot of the makers were the proverbial two blokes in a shed, so we'll probably never know unless someone goes to the registry office in that region of Mexico and goes digging.

judy and scoutshouse like this.
  9. thefathand

thefathand Active Member

Yes, I agree but that's as good as it gets with my skills or lack of skills! :D It's definitely not a 4, it looks like a backwards L with a line making both ends meet, there's no stem to make it a 4. :shame: That's fine, that other one sold for $12 and a half, I'll keep it before I sell it for that much! :D The bay is beating this old man down and I'm hatin' it!! :banghead: Maybe I'll just list it with a $19 start, idk. Hey, while I'm at it, I gotta get a new camera, anyone have any ideas? Oh and I'm a bit of a tightwad, I don't want to spend over $300. :smug: Anyone! :cigar:

10. Any Jewelry

Why don't you post the question in 'General Discussion'? I know there are some knowledgeable people, but can't remember who they are.:sorry:

i need help, scoutshouse and judy like this.
  11. thefathand

thefathand Active Member

Good idea AJ, I would but I already got a bid on it on the bay. Glad I was able to get more than the $12 and change that other seller got, I started mine higher. :DWhile I have you on the line, I gotta ask you. Do you or anyone else on this forum know what buyers are doing with older pieces like the one in this pic below? I'm thinking they re-purpose them but I may be wrong. Anyone know?
    IMG_9513.JPG IMG_9512.JPG IMG_9511.JPG IMG_9510.JPG

12. Any Jewelry

I meant your question about the camera.:D

i need help likes this.
  13. clutteredcloset49

In my area, California, they wear them.

I have the bracelet and earrings that I wear. Lots of gals wear the old Mexican jewelry.

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  14. thefathand

thefathand Active Member

Well that makes more sense! :banghead: Yeah, I decided I would simply get another Canon Powershot but I don't know which one yet. :D

Dang, I messed that up! :D Looks like I messed up a quote there, it's from old age. :D

15. Any Jewelry

No worries, we can still read it.:) It looks like that one actually started out life as a bolo tie.

Many people collect vintage Mexican jewellery. For those who don't wear brooches there are brooch converters, that way the brooch can be worn as a pendant.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    thefathand likes this.
  16. clutteredcloset49

@thefathand
    Am I reading that right? You're in Sacramento? If so, I'm not far from you up on Hwy 49.

I tend to wear my sterling more in the summer than the winter.

thefathand likes this.
  17. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

And I'm down a way on Hwy 99.

Debora

thefathand and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  18. thefathand

thefathand Active Member

Dang! It's really a small world, even online! :D

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted