Miami Beach Estate Auction; 90% Versace Furniture, But I won a Ferrari Helmet! Real or Replica?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Mar 23, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I won this in a online auction of a estate on Venetian Causeway (one of the older, smaller roads with lots of little bridges that take you from mainland Miami to Miami Beach - or vice versa) - it was advertised as a Ferrari racing helmet w/gloves (the gloves are a pair called Brancale & have a silver finish to the top side that looks like it could be fire resistant material?).
    Googling Ferrari racing helmet all I seem to find are full size replicas! And the name on the helmet doesn't come up as a race car driver.
    But the unusual interior - 1 side has a larger padding than the other? (Maybe because car only turned 1 way? Or for a headphone set? AND the unusual dip built in the helmet so you can put your finger in it to open visor (photo 5) AND the unusual material it's made of (see photo in 1st answer; I ran out of room to post here) - could that be for fire safety/deterrent?

So can anyone tell me if this is a legitimate Ferrari driving/racing helmet & not a replica? The difference in value is probably $500 - $1,000!!
    Thank you,
    Any information would be greatly appreciated!

HELMET FERRARRI 2AA.JPG HELMET FERRARRI 2AAA.JPG HELMET FERRARRI 3AA.JPG HELMET FERRARRI 4AA.JPG HELMET FERRARRI 4BAA.JPG HELMET FERRARRI 4CAA.JPG HELMET FERRARRI 5AA.JPG HELMET FERRARRI 5A_AA.JPG HELMET FERRARRI 6AAA.JPG HELMET FERRARRI 6cAAZZZ.JPG

2. journeymagazine

I don't know if this was a velcro patch or glued that dried out? But look at the helmet's material; like a honeycomb? Or criss cross?

HELMET FERRARRI 6DAA.JPG

3. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

4. journeymagazine

Ah! Thank you!
    So it's a motorcycle helmet you think?

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

kyratango and patd8643 like this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Only 2 months since death seems a bit too soon to arrange an estate sale.

7. journeymagazine

That explains it - when I saw the package in my yard & picked it up I was sure it was a replica because it was so much lighter than a reg. helmet -now I know why; thank you!

8. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Relatives in a hurry?
    Would look to be although I couldn’t find any references to Ferrari so I could be throwing you a red herring.

9. journeymagazine

I looked up the house by the address 921 N Venetian Dr, Miami Beachand found why they were selling the contents; it's under contract - for $13.5 million dollars!!

10. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

11. journeymagazine

If you look at the link more other stuff gave me they have 3 custom Ferrari-Harleys in that collection - but I don't think it is the same Ken Hill as the motorcycle racer/coach is it?

12. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Do you know F1 pilots wear a helmet too ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted