Mid Century Glass Ashtrays?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dapman04, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Dapman04

Dapman04 New Member

Hi... does anyone recognize the maker of this pair of ashtrays? I say they are ashtrays, perhaps they are just wavy plates....

There are no markings, but hoping someone may recognize the style or the fact that the reverse is painted black.

Appreciate any and all help E1A94C3D-864C-496A-ADE1-8D9C33ED1B42.jpeg

2. Dapman04

Dapman04 New Member

626648E6-1E29-4386-AFDF-EBD101C14EFB.jpeg 7061E903-DE7C-4ED5-B2AC-C0E5685F9853.jpeg More pics

johnnycb09 likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Those don't look Mid-Century to my eye. I'd think they were "wavy plates" from much, much later. Let's see what others think.

Debora

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

As a former smoker, I will say that they don't really look like ashtrays.

Dapman04 likes this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

These look like fairly new little catch all trays . Probably from Home Goods or Pier one or the like . Very pretty .

aaroncab and blooey like this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Debora

7. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

A higgins wannabe but not..

blooey likes this.
  8. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Slumped sheet glass and a miserable ashtray if memory still works.

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted