Mid-Century Modern Bar Stools

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by smr515, Sep 21, 2018.

1. smr515

smr515 New Member

Hello! My husband and I have these five mid-century modern bar stools. They were manufactured by ComfortLine. I have found this style online but not in the orange (Green and black). They seem to be original materials, but since I haven’t seen the orange, I just don’t know.

We were wondering what they are worth as we are having a hard time finding an answer and we live in an area where this type of furniture is not common in any antique stores or consignment shops. They are in amazing condition.

Thanks for any help! I can upload more pictures if needed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. smr515

smr515 New Member

sorry... I'm trying to upload pictures

judy, Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

6D2B16EA-CB30-4F1C-9CC7-1D130B8B5BFA.jpeg 04C59201-D4C4-4974-9187-E0877F027FBA.jpeg
    Check the first box, Full size for all images, AFTER they are all uploaded.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME to Antiquers, @smr515 !!!

5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Here is a set on Ebay, not in the orange, though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MID-CENTUR...678970?hash=item214478a8ba:g:xxgAAOSwkEtbWLg7

My guess is that the orange is original. Certainly was a color used back then. If not, someone did a nice job reupholstering them. I don't think one color or another makes much difference for value. Will just be personal preference.

Value is going to totally depend on where you live. You say that this type of thing is "not common in antique stores or consignment stores" but where I live this is EXACTLY what is in our antique stores and consignment stores. MCM is "hot" and in demand in my neck of the woods.

We don't really give values, but I could suggest a range. I could see these unsold for $20 a piece in certain parts of the country, and flying off the shelves at $50-100 a piece in other parts of the US. Really depends where you live. Bar stools are pretty popular -- with kitchen islands, etc. and certain cities love their MCM.

6. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

Like Lucille said, the price varies greatly depending upon the demand in your area. MCM is still selling well at the shops here and is quite common.

I had a set of three of these with green seats at an estate sale a couple of years ago. They sold for $100 for the set. The condition wasn't as nice as yours though.

I also had a pair of the backless barstools with the yellow seats last month that went for $65 each.

i need help, James Conrad and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted