Featured Mid Century Swirl Pattern Bar Glasses

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lithographer, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

I have been working on putting the stuff together for a Mid Century bar cart. My folks are in the process of cleaning out their condo in Florida, so I hope to get their cart (they are hard to find and expensive). I picked up these glasses at the goodwill today for $1.99 apiece. I vaguely remember them from when I was a kid. At home we had the Anchor Hocking Lido Milano in the Aquamarine color. I was wondering if anyone knows what these are called and the company that made them. I see them every once in awhile in antique stores, they are usually kind of pricey. IMG_2087.JPG
    IMG_2088.JPG
    IMG_2089.JPG

2. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

I've seen them called spaghetti glasses before but don't recall ever seeing a manufacture.

3. Lithographer

Thanks, that helped. It looks like there was a company called Color Craft and they had a line of glasses called Shat-r-pruf.

*crs*, judy, crowleys and 2 others like this.
  4. silverbell

silverbell Well-Known Member

Lithographer: I too have been looking for bar carts! 1) The pretty ones are all in England, it seems, and 2) they ARE expensive!

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Do they have a rubbery feel on the exterior? I have similar ones in a roly poly shape but mine have rubber exteriors and are attributed to the co you mentioned.

judy and bercrystal like this.
  6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Ive got a bowl to match ! Mine is Hazel Atlas.
    [​IMG]

*crs*, judy, KikoBlueEyes and 3 others like this.
  7. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

And I've got an ashtray to match! This was my grandparents', and it was so out of place in their house. Picture a completely sterile bedroom with only colors of white, beige and brown, and this plopped on a nightstand in the middle of it.

DSCN9211.jpg

Love your glasses, Lithographer!

8. Lithographer

Yes, they have a rubber feel. I believe the material is called plastisol. I saw the roly poly ones online.

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  9. Lithographer

The ashtray is cool, I think they are an under appreciated collectible.

tie.dye.cat, judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I have always wanted a nice bar cart but don’t have the room for something full size and beautiful. Had to settle for an IKEA craft cart. But I did get a vintage linen bar towel off of Etsy. :)

9C286989-430F-4A40-9D1D-1C6D3A38D277.jpeg
    2269B3C0-5F90-4A89-9610-15C29EC6578C.jpeg

11. Lithographer

Nice, I like the size and shape. You have to love IKEA. The last time I ran across a nice mid century one, it was in an antique shop, I think it was $250. I remember when they would show up at charity shops for $10-$20.

bluumz and pearlsnblume like this.
  12. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I see bar carts at estate sales but I am not sure if they are midcentury.
    My parents had one which they bought in the 70's. It was more of just a decorating thing as none of us drank except when some extended family showed up or when we used it for soda.

bluumz likes this.
  13. silverbell

Bluumz: If you don't mind, there are four bottles on the top shelf. I recognize the one on the left. What are the other three for??

bluumz likes this.
  14. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I don’t drink much, but when I do I love my gin!
    Liquor bottles by row:
    In front: Bombay Sapphire distilled London dry gin, Whitley Neill rhubarb and ginger gin, Haymans of London sloe gin, and Grind espresso shot made with arabica coffee beans and a bit of rum. (I like this so much better than Kahlúa, it doesn’t have the syrupy consistency and excessive sweetness.)
    Second row, only two bottles: Pimm’s No. 1, and Arrow Kirsch cherry liqueur.
    Back row: Creme de Violette by Rothman and Winter (for making Aviation cocktails to toast Amelia Earhart on the 85th anniversary of her disappearance - for which I also bought/used the Kirsch since I couldn’t find maraschino liqueur), St. Germain elderflower liqueur, and a bottle of Campari.

B1CC4D42-A9D9-488A-86D1-0C039B529F05.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    komokwa, bercrystal and pearlsnblume like this.
  15. silverbell

Wow! I shall copy all that down! Your substitute for Kalua sounds MUCH better. Kalua is far too cloying. As for the rest of it...well I'll think up some excuse for trying the other gins, and Violette (whom previously I have only known in an opera).

bluumz and bercrystal like this.
  16. silverbell

Incidentally, I remember that bar towel!

bluumz, bercrystal and pearlsnblume like this.
  17. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

GRIND is really nice for sipping, neat or over ice. Of course, a shot of it in a cup of coffee is nice, too! 60 proof.

[​IMG]

Cool, I love it!

pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
  18. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I just saw a brass and glass one at a tag sale advertised for last weekend. I didn't go to the sale, but I imagine that cart was a goner in the first 15 minutes. Several years ago I found a really nice wood server made by Century. It's on wheels and has 2 levels. So I made it into my bar cart. It works really well. Maybe I can post a photo when it gets light here. Still dark at 7:30am.

Draft saved Draft deleted