Midcentury Enamel Dish

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by drg642, Jun 1, 2015.

1. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Hi, this dish is about 10 1/2 by 7 inches. It has a signature and partial label on the back. I can get Espana from the label, and searching Spanish enamel items it is very similar to dishes with labels that say Esmaltes J Amorous and Esmaltes Garcia, but I haven't seen any with this label and mark. I searched on Capria and Cafria, since the label has a partial word ...ria and the signature looks like Capria or Cafria to me, but did not find anything. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone recognize the signature or label?

Thanks! zenamel1.JPG zenamel2.JPG zenamel3.JPG zenamel4.JPG

Pat P and KingofThings like this.
  2. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Maybe put the city (Marbella) in the mix and see what happens.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I don't think it says Spain, the accent over the N is missing. I think it says Estepona, and that the word above it is probably Ferreteria. As in iron works.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  4. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the suggestions. I searched ebay and worthpoint using marbella, estepona, and ferreteria, alone or with enamel, and didn't come up with anything. Appreciate the ideas.

5. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

I just Google searched "J Capo enamel" and got a lot of hits. I don't have time right now to look at all the links, but if you do, you might find more pieces with original labels and more info.

I have a couple of these packed away somewhere (little mini dishes, if I remember right) and have notes in my files to search J Capo. I guess that's as far as I got at the time, LOL!

6. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

J Capo it is! Thank you very much.

Draft saved Draft deleted