Featured MIJ Twisted Twin Vases Not Old But Curious About Them

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by jakes vintage, Sep 4, 2017.

1. jakes vintage

jakes vintage Well-Known Member

So while on vacation I picked these up, the shape intrigued me. I've never seen this twist before and I lived in japan during my high school years. Does anyone know if this shape has a name for it? I don't expect them to be old at all especially with the MIJ on the bottom. I'm just hoping to maybe find out just a little more about them to continue my search on them.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. jakes vintage

So I found something on ebay with the title below, think I may have finally may have ended my own search. The mark isn't the same but the shape,design is...
    Vintage Japanese Aizu Hand Painted and Lacquer Art Glass Twisted Form Vase

3. Antique Inishie

Antique Inishie Kobijutsu enthusiast

4. jakes vintage

So, would these be best described as gourd vases with that shape?

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  5. Antique Inishie

Antique Inishie Kobijutsu enthusiast

jakes vintage >>>
    Yes, I believe so too.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted