Miniature pottery bean pot w/ blue dripware glaze. Where was I made?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Jul 28, 2018.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I got this in a box lot at the auction & hope someone can help with the location of its origin & possibly the maker. It is 2" to the side edge & 2 7/8" from handle edge to handle edge. I don't know if it is from there, but it came from a small "museum" down in Edgefield, South Carolina.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

judy likes this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Never mind. Emily

3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

I think it’s lovely. Reminds me of the old Whieldon glazes on early pieces we have here in U.K.

judy likes this.
  4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I'd guess it's a sugar bowl. While it's mottled somewhat like a Whieldon glaze I wouldn't go too far down that path.

Houseful likes this.
  5. bercrystal

I will look into this pottery.

Thank you!! :happy::happy:

I think you might have missed the dimensions on this piece. It is only 2" tall & you'd be hard pressed to get anything more than a demitasse spoon into the opening. :):)

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Hot mustard pot ..?

upload_2018-7-29_14-31-1.jpeg

7. bercrystal

Actually I think it was just meant to be a souvenir type piece from a pottery.

BWDIK

8. bercrystal

Thought I would bump this back to the first page to see if I can get any information on maker before I list it. :happy::happy::happy:

9. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

At that size it's possible it's a salesman sample. Might want to mention that in your description. It's a sweet little piece.
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted