Minton Hollins Framed Tile - Bulldog

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jenny McClintock, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Jenny McClintock

Jenny McClintock New Member

Minton Tile Bulldog front.jpg Minton Tile Bulldog back.jpg Minton Tile Bulldog closeup.jpg Hello all,

My dear mother had this hanging in her house for many years. I don't know much about it. I did a search on the internet and can find lots of information on Minton tiles, but have not found anything close to this. It looks hand painted and it is lovely!

The tile is 6 x 6". The frame is 7.5 x 7.5"

Does anyone know anything about this piece? Any information is appreciated. Thanks so much!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Christmasjoy and NewEngland like this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

OMG, THAT is SO, SO Beautiful and COOL!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! Others will be along soon to help you much more than I can!!!! 'He's' WONDERFUL!!!

EDIT: I forgot to ask, could you give the size/dimensions of the whole piece, please. AND, while your post is still fresh, and you can still edit, if you'd go back in to your images, and click on the VERY TOP IMAGE that says to "INSERT EVERY IMAGE AS A FULL IMAGE"....that way everyone, including those using cell phones can see your images! BTW, each image must be under 1 MB! Thank you so much!!:):)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    NewEngland and Jenny McClintock like this.
  3. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about your tile except it's beautiful.

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Looks like oil paint on a tile, don't think this was produced like this - someone painted a plain white tile IMO.

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Jenny McClintock likes this.
  7. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

The company started in the 1840's and still using the same name today. That's all I have.

8. Jenny McClintock

Thanks all! The size is 6" x 6". The frame is 7.5 x 7.5". Allthough the story may remain a mystery, I love it and treasure it greatly!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. Jenny McClintock

Thanks for the suggestions Aquitaine. I hope I did it right this time! :)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I agree: some talented person used a plain white tile.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  11. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Nice bulldog!

Draft saved Draft deleted